“Their green tea cheese cake's awesome”

Kez's Bakery and Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 167 Restaurants in Batam Center
Cuisines: French, Japanese
Reviewed February 25, 2016 via mobile

Coming to this place several times and tried both their cakes and pasta.
Their mushroom sauce is creamy and the taste's great.
I always try their cakes and never dissapoint me. I love their cheesecakes variation and the green tea is the the best.

Reviewed February 8, 2016

When I checked tripadvisor in late January before our visit Kez's bakery was listed in the top 5 restaurants (checked ranking quite a few times, so I'm not mistaken) - now when I log into tripadvisor to write this review (1 week later) it's listed as #26! Can't imagine how the tripadvisor ranking changed so suddenly (?) Anyway wish we could have seen this new ranking before we visited Batam - because it definitely isn't a top 5 restaurant in Batam.

We visited for dinner on a Friday - only a couple of other people were there in the restaurant. There was open layout of breads, pastries and a few cakes - didn't look anything special so we didn't try them and decided to go straight for the menu.

Ordered a risotto and a chicken dish. The risotto was ok, the chicken wasn't even ok. Chicken was either not cooked enough or had been in the fridge and just been mirowaved. We also ordered a couple of drinks and the dessert of the day (Japanese stones). The dessert was also disappointing. After having read some good review in tripadvisor we decided to try at least one more dish and got a slice of cake to go. This was actually decent - nothing to rave about but much better than the other dishes we had at Kez. Overall everything cost us nearly 50 singapore dollars (after conversion) - this was way too pricey when looking at all the other delicious food we tried in Batam at much better prices. Maybe we should have just kept to trying the cakes and other bakery items...

The staff were friendly and helpful. The setting in the restaurant was quite nice as well.

Reviewed January 8, 2016

Went there on the 5th of January to be exact around 4pm. I would say that this bakery does serve some delicious cakes and pastries. We enjoyed the black forest very much. There were only two or three tables around the sitting area of the first floor restaurant. I was disappointed by the service rendered. It is a pity. I saw some guests have to leave their seats to the counter for some assistance. The staff are not friendly, they were cold and indifferent. I would say the management should look into this issue, as the bill is inclusive of 5% service charge, on top of that 10% govt tax. No host will welcome you by the entrance as to my previous visit, staff reluctantly offered drinks menu, which left me wondered if they are bosses running the cafe. Service was pleasant based on my previous two visits, but this time round it was just disappointing. Hopefully the management will look into this, as I am still hopeful for a better service experience for the future visit.

Reviewed September 22, 2015

I love the cakes and coffee served here. The furniture and decoration is good, i enjoy to stay here just to chat, chill and eat delicious cake and coffee with my wife. Clean and neat place.
Haven't get a chance for trying the food, only the breads, coffee and tea.

Reviewed September 1, 2015

Love the innovativeness of the food; every detail is meticulously thought out. The taste, smell and visual impact were spectacular. Visited the same restaurant for a few times over a week and tasted different main courses. The Nepture Catch stood out for visual and taste over the rest; even a simple Fish & Chips were presented differently from the usual style. The lemon slice was grilled before serving to bring out the best flavour.