“Good food.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Restaurant Sei Enam Seafood Batam
Ranked #1 of 156 Restaurants in Batam Center
Price range: US$7 - US$14
Cuisines: Chinese, Seafood, Asian, Indonesian, Singaporean
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A new branch of Sei Enam Seafood Kijang and Tanjungpinang, this restaurant was established only recently, but with cuisine of seafood specialties dated since the 1970s. Signature dishes include Sei Enam Chilli Crab, Deep Fried Squid with Tamarind, White Pepper Slipper Lobsters and “Asam Pedas” a local dish of spicy fish stew. At Sei Enam Seafood, we are committed to provide fresh quality seafood through thorough selection process and hygienic handling procedures. Our Seafood is processed in accordance with health and safety standards. Our restaurant also promised to provide a clean and cozy environment for our guests, with a team of dedicated people who aims to provide the best dining experience.   We want every guest to have a great experience every time they visit us. Should you have any feedback that will help us to exceed your expectations, please feel free to write in your review. Sei Enam seafood strictly serves no pork & no lard.
“Good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Stepped into the restaurant at 5:30pm (Batam time) and we were the first for dinner. Order for 2 person.

1) Chilli Crap: x1
Taste great... Similar to Singapore style, the sauce is as saltish.
Took me lots of effort to eat it even with the shell cracker. Don't want to eat crab after this round.

2) Black Pepper crayfish: x3
Taste great... You have to eat it yourself.

3) Fried Squid: x7
Eat it upon served. Crispy black sweet head - yummy.
If it is fried baby squids it will be super good (i'm a baby eater).

4) Buns:
I can't tell the difference between these here to that in Singapore. Both tastes sweet and just as good.

Fruits and lime juice are part of the unwritten order at no additional costs. Well done. Total price abt: SGD $66.
Note: Charges by weight not quantity.

• Indonesian first
“Lovely meal with friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I went there with a group of friends and colleagues, it was a nice, clean and cozy restaurant setting. With the price that we have paid, I find it affordable and value for money. Food was delicious, my favourite is the calamari and ngou hiang as I wasn't really a seafood person. As for my colleagues, they really enjoyed their chilli crab and the fish and yam steamboat. We will be back again for the food and lovely service rendered by the team.

Tangerang, Indonesia
“taste good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 weeks ago

we ordered seafood here and gong gong, the taste of the food is good, 1-10 i'll give 8.5. the place is comfortable with nice hospitality from waiters.

• Visited February 2017
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Awful!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Don't waste your time or money here. Ordered egg fried rice which granted- is not on the menu but got something completely different. Fried chicken with garlic came and was dark brown, dry deep fried chicken bizzarley tasting of mustard oil-horrible. Fried fish looked underwhelming and tasted underwhelming.

Ocean
“First and last visit....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Seriously?!?! 2nd best in batam?!? This has got to be one of my worst seafood experience ever. Ordered 2 chili crabs, 1 groupa(hk steam), 1 fried calamari and 1 gong gong and 6 man tou.

Fried calamari was ok and so was the gong gong which doesn't require much cooking effort. Why do Singaporeans go batam for seafood? Because it's cheaper for fresh seafood? The fish is totally not fresh at all. That's the reason you don't see tanks with live fishes there and all their fishes are 700gms only...you cannot even get to choose how big you want. Next is their signature chili crab. Let's not discuss whether the sauce is nice or not as different people got different taste buds but of my 2 crabs, 1 crab wasn't even fresh. Again 700gm each crab and no bigger ones even if you want. Lastly, 6 man tou at 6k each? Not even crispy at all on the outer area...worst fried man tou! Gas must be expensive. Total bill was 1.05 mil for the meal. I can eat this at any zi char store in sg that would be much better in taste and maybe pay just slightly more. My first review but I has to write this because I cannot believe I felt conned based on the reviews. Yes it's restaurant setting and clean but food wise really cmi. For those who have given fantastic reviews ....can I please request you guys stop writing reviews as it's very misleading. I have been to wey wey and golden prawn. Seriously those 2 places are not as clean, taste wise just as bad but at least they are much cheaper. Anyway I guess I should really give up eating seafood in batam and just come here for massage.

Visited February 2017
Apriyanto S, Manager at Restaurant Sei Enam Seafood Batam, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Esteroid,

Thank you for your visit recently, it is with great disappointment that you did not enjoy the dining experience here with us.

It is with much regret that you have had a very unpleasant food experience. Your feedback pertaining to the crab dish, which our staff have investigated on the actual day itself is definitely a one-off scenario, as it is against the restaurant policy to serve dead crab.

Thank you for sharing this with us, and once again, we are most sorry for the disagreeable experience you have gone through with us.

Warmest regards,