US$36
US$28
Grand Meranti Hotel(Riau Archipelago)
Free cancellation until 07/27
US$17
Sijori Resort & Spa(Sekupang)(Great Value!)
US$43
US$31
US$19
US$14
Agoda.com
All reviewstea tree spabedroom suiteterrace cafegames roomchinese restaurantferry terminaldragon innihg memberkids clubfree shuttlepanda clubswimming poolsports loungeshuttle serviceaward winningshort getawayliving area
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for a night for business.
The room I had was great, huge with a balcony facing the pools. Theres a small kitchenette and a nice bedroom with exceptional aircon.
It's central if you want to walk down to the waterfront to the watering holes there if the hotel isn't enough.

Their breakfast is just OK, not the best I've had but the selection is good. They might want to narrow the selection and improve the quality.

The lunch though is great! I've only had lunch twice there but it's very tasty and the portions is perfect. The stingray soup is hot and tasty and I recommend everyone to taste it!

It's a really nice place to stay in Batam and I'll be back!

Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
HIRB G, Guest Experience Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Batam, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

Dear TorAus,

We would like to thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Resort Batam for your accommodation during you stay in Batam.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed stay with us and also would like to thank you for recommend our stingray soup to another traveler to Batam. we noted your feedback regarding our breakfast and we will share with the team.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Resort Batam for near future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 19 October 2017

Dear GM - Holiday Inn Resort® Batam,

I would like to comment how pleased I was with the service provided to me and my family by the entire hotel staff during my recent stay in Holiday Inn Resort® Batam.

Firstly, my utmost gratitude for the outstanding hospitality that was provided by Dewi Nopita and Gomgom for their excellent customer service, they were very helpful.

Secondly, not forgetting team from the restaurant, front office and housekeeping – very attentive and efficient to my request.

Last but not least - all in all, The staff maintained a positive attitude and ensured I felt welcome during my stay. Honestly, I was amazed at the consistency with their performance and willingness to go the extra mile.

Kudos to you and your staff for making my stay a great one!

Dear Mr. Iryandy,

It has been a great pleasure to welcome you at Holiday Inn Resort Batam and thank you for sharing your feelings about your stay with us.
We are very pleased to read that you appreciated the friendliness of our staff and enjoyed your visit in our hotel.It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for every day.
We look forward to another opportunity to welcoming you at our resort for near future.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Facility is old and expected kid slide wass under constrcution and convinience store inside of resort was closed. Resort is far (40 min) from down town (Gagoya mall) and nothing around resort like restaurant and any stores. Kids clue don't provide paid baby sittering service so parents should be accompanied and no special programs for kids.
But free suttle service to terminal/shopping mall is nice. Most impressed thing is that staff is very kind and professional, they promptly acted to change room when original room condition was too old with smell. Swimming pool is also nice and there are big tubes for guests to enjoy and kids club prepared free drwaing paper and crayon and condition of kid club is good, clean. KIds are satisfeid with palying in pool.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
HIRB G, Guest Experience Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Batam, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Dear Bee,

We are very pleased to read that you appreciated the friendliness and assistance of our staff and enjoyed your visit in our hotel and also we would like to apologize for the shortfall you faced during you stay with us. We will note all the feedback seriously and share with our team to make the necessary changes to provide a better experience in the future.

We are looking forward to another opportunity to welcoming you at our resort.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 11 October 2017

This is my third time staying at Holiday Inn Batam, as my family and I have fallen in love with this hotel since our first trip.

The suites are of a really good size, as compared to the other hotels we've previously stayed in Batam. We especially appreciate that door that separates the bedroom and the living area.

I would like to comment on the bathtub, especially since I did not manage to take a bath in all of my three trips. On my first trip, the bathtub didn't have a stopper. On my second trip, there was some plumbing problems and the quality of the water was not satisfactory. This time there was a stopper and the water was okay but the stopper wasn't doing its job. Water kept leaking away despite having the stopper on and hot water wasn't flowing fast enough to outrun the leakage. As someone who likes to take baths, I am very disappointed.

Being a old hotel, there are some minor wears and tears in the facility but that's all alright. However, room cleanliness could be further improved. Upon check-in, I found stained towels and sheets. There were several ants crawling around the kitchenette area too.

One of my must-do itinerary is the Tea Tree Spa, the spa & massage facility in the hotel. Tea Tree Spa is the pride of Holiday Inn Batam and they should really be proud of it as it is by far one of the best I've ever gone to. We also used the sauna and steam room, which is of top quality too.

Dinner at Dragon Inn Chinese Restaurant was a little disappointing, especially since we have enjoyed delicious dim sum buffet there during my previous two trips. Our crispy skin chicken was tough and tasteless; I hate to say this but the chicken I had at A&W was better than that. Despite this, we gave Dragon Inn another chance and went for the dim sum buffet the next day but my family and I all agreed that the standard has sort of dipped as compared to the previous times.

We also had dinner at the Terrace Cafe, which has surprisingly good Nasi Goreng. The staff at the sports lounge were very nice but it is a bummer that draft beer was not available that day.

As a IHG member, we were given several treats such as free shuttle to Nagoya Shopping Mall, complimentary dessert at Dragon Inn and etc., which we gladly utilised almost all of them.

It was a pleasant surprise when the hotel served us a complimentary birthday cake on our first night. It really took this trip to the next level.
Holiday Inn Batam is definitely my first choice of accommodation; I'll like to come again once I'm guaranteed that I can take a proper bath.

In summary:

THE GOOD: Friendly and professional staff; Huge rooms with a balcony that has a good view of the sea; Pools of a good size; Amazing spa and massage facilities

THE BAD: Cleanliness (Room, Sheets, Towels) could be improved; Bathtub stopper does not work (couldn't take a bath); No bathrobes

Room Tip: Higher floors have a good sea view
1  Thank ClarissaJ93
HIRB G, Guest Experience Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Batam, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Dear Clarissa,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We appreciate your loyalty as our IHG Rewards Club member and treat all reviews seriously.

We are glad you enjoyed our service at Tea Tree Spa. We also would like to apologise for the inconveniences you faced during your stay, the cleanliness, dining experience and bath up stopper issue , and truly understand your disappointment.

We seek to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and appreciate that you brought your experience to our attention. As mentioned, we take all feedback seriously and will share this with our team to make the necessary changes so that we can provide a better experience in the future.

We hope we will be given the opportunity to showcase our true hospitality and that this incident is an exception. Once again, thank you for your comments and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Dear GM,

I have stayed in few hotels and resort in Batam, but i would like to say that my best experience that we had in Holiday Inn was awesome! Service is good, very attentive staff right from my check in to my checkout.

Good Job Guys!

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
HIRB G, Guest Experience Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Batam, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear Mr. Zulkifli,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Resort Batam during your stay.

Many thanks for the wonderful feedback received.
It gives us great pleasure hearing from our visiting guest and we are thrilled that we could be of accommodation to ensure your holiday at our resort was a truly memorable one.
We pride ourselves on creating pleasant memories. We look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful resort in the near future.