Rinjani Base Camp Cottage
The Oberoi, Lombok(Tanjung)
  • Beachfront
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgreat trekkingtrekking experiencesummittreks2d1nairportindonesiasenggigi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 29, 2018 via mobile

This is my first hiking it was a blast & memorable experience. A very good tour guide is important. It was a improptu package thou but awenk manage to give us a very good deal with accommodation. He fetch us from airport and treat us dinner. Yay!!! Send us to their base camp & explained how our hiking would be. He was so approachable & generous. We dont have much time thats why we decided to take 2D1N to reach the summit. And the journey begins. our tour guide & porter they are so nice and friendly. The food is simple but delicious and its a lot as well. The tent is simple but comfortable. We couldn’t reach rinjani summit without them. It was tough for us as a beginners thanks to our walking sticks as well haha

Stayed: December 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 9, 2018 via mobile

My dad and I went for the 2 day/1 night program. The climb went great but we were welcomed by very bad rain and wind on the way up. We arrived at the base camp before the summit totally drenched wet. We couldn't go to the very top as there was crazy wind and rain. During the night our tent almost was airlifted by the storm. I would definitely avoid hiking during December month or bring warm and waterproof clothes.

Despite that I would like to say that the organisation was flawless. Good food, friendly porter and especially a great guide: my dad (69 yrs) legs were too weak for the descent and our guide put him on his shoulders the whole time.

Price: there s no price on the website so I recommend to check first so you don't have bad surprises.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Gautier33
Reviewed October 27, 2017

My Dad and I were on a surf trip for a couple weeks throughout Indonesia and last minute we decided to do this trek. I can not tell you how pleased and happy I was with the whole experience. We did the 2 day 1 night trip to the summit and it was truly life changing. We stayed 1 night at the place before the trek and the room was clean very accommodating for the two of us. As we began our trek I knew it would be hard for my father ( I am 19 but my Dad is 53) but our guide Mario helped him the whole way pushing him to the top and helping him in the harder terrain. He even built a fire for my Dad in the middle of the night when they tried to make it to the summit but had to stop for a moment in the midst of the cold night. The food was amazing, the amenities and people were great. Mr. Awenke knows what he is doing. After the trek we even went over and had beers with all the guides and Mr Awenke that night. They treated us like family and I highly recommend staying with the Rinjani Base Camp Lodges for anyone looking to make the trek. The views of the sunrise of the volcano were absolutely amazing as well. One of the hardest most amazing things I've ever done. Glad to say I did it with these guys.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed September 27, 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 1 night before our 2D1N hike and the night after. Mr. Awenk the boss has been personally attentive with our arrangements before and during the trip and has been accomodative to last minute changes. They have an excellent team of guides, porters and chef to cater for our climb and made our experience very memorable. Superb service! However, rooms could do a little upgrading. Would strongly recommend for a fuss free Lombok experience!

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2017

We did not stay at the hotel, but we did do the trekking.

We just came back from a 2-day trip to the Senaru rim. We booked 1 day in advance and the owner gave us a good price. We left at 7.00 am and we got 1 guide (Yogi) and 2 porters (Dada and Yoga). All very kind, humble and friendly. Good food, snacks and drinks (mostly water of course) on the way. Good bed and warm tent (Although we read stories about the cold, we left our theromoshirts and hats in our bags).

Some other companies in Senaru could not offer a price like Rinjani Base Camp. Main argument: others offered a 'luxurous' package. I don't know what could have been more luxourious (except that we saw porters with chairs, which we haven't missed at all), but the whole trip was arranged very nicely and all inclusive.

We would highly recommend to book a trekking at Rinjani Base Camp.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple