“Very Good French Sauces”
Review of Chez Vincent

Chez Vincent
Reserve with OpenTable
Chez Vincent is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #69 of 354 Restaurants in Winter Park
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 May 2016 via mobile

Last night, we tried this restaurant in Winter Park with my parents. It was a first visit for all except my mother.

The waiter was very mice, and he was able to answer all of the questions we had about the appetizers and entrees. They offer a variety of choices, but we all decided to have the fixed price menu. It is fairly priced at $42, quite reasonable for what you get.

There is a choice of caesar and goat cheese salads, both of which were excellent, and it comes with Clos de Val wine (Chardonnay or merlot). Then for the main course, there were three choices, all of which included a small, about 3-4 ounces, filet mignon in pointe sauce. Terrific. The other part of the tree (other than the veggies and starch) was a choice between scallops, rack of lamb, and I think shrimp. Our group split between the first two. My wife's scallops came in a sweet sauce, and my lamb in a cream sauce. Both were delicious, and both were a good quantity. Needless to say, nobody tried dessert.

Sauces are what make French cuisine so appealing, and they do a very good job with their sauces. I definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed 15 May 2016 via mobile

I brought my good friend to this restaurant on a Saturday afternoon. I had the goat cheese salad and he beef crepe. The food was tasty and the service was friendly. I will definitely come back with my husband for a romantic dinner. The ambience was warm and elegant.

Reviewed 5 May 2016

In general, I enjoyed the ambiance very much.
We started at the bar, where the lit counter creates a romantic atmosphere. Had a little bit of concern with choosing a wine. I was debating between Riesling and Moscato, and the sweet-looking barman said that he would go with both. When I asked what kind, he said Riesling and Moscato! Wow! I guess my desire to make a sarcastic statement was suppressed by the sweet and polite expression on his face. I asked to see a bottle, and, to make the evening more enjoyable, just accepted his choice. It was not bad at all! May be the barman was just that good, that no wine card or cocktail menu was needed – just tell him what you are in the mood for.

There are two dining rooms, I liked the one with the bar. Tables are very close to each other. If you are a couple not looking for private and intimate place, then they have enough tables for two. It becomes pretty loud during dinner time, so four to six people would be the perfect size of a group for this place, if you want to enjoy conversation.

The staff appeared to be not highly trained, but polite and responsive, without being annoying – I liked that. I appreciated the environment without a hard sell, so common for chain restaurants. Some people may complain that service was slow, but you don’t go to a French restaurant if you're in a rush! Despite the late hour they were busy, perhaps why they offered us no bread, and brought only butter. Some of our friends were disappointed, but our bread did appear later.

The food… rather disappointing, sorry, but it was maybe the worst French cuisine I have ever had. Whoever was responsible for the reduction sauce that night may have had a really bad day, or needs to retake a reduction sauce course.
Will gladly go back when food is dramatically improved!

2  Thank Irisha-FL
Reviewed 3 May 2016

My wife and I enjoyed another great meal this past weekend. This is a chef owned restaurant--you may have the opportunity to meet him during desert. Each meal is of course prepared to order, don't expect fast food here. There is an ample selection from appetizers to desserts. However, order the Espresso Souffle and you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 10 April 2016

Chez Vincent is right of Hannibal Square in Winter Park Florida. The bar goes by Hannibal's but it is really the same place. The bar was very lively when I at in the restaurant one Tuesday night about 6:30pm. We primed the pump with a pre-dinner Negroni and a Martini. Started with the mussels, very nice. Afterwards I had a great mushroom soup followed by a venison tenderloin that was just terrific. Souffle for dessert (be sure to pre-order if interested). Wine list was pretty good and found several very reasonable offerings. It was a slow night but our sever was very attentive and swung us a table for two near the window which was nice. This is a cool part of town and if you are here I recommend Chez Vincent.