“Another Fantastic Meal!”
Review of Cafe de France

Cafe de France
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe de France is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 354 Restaurants in Winter Park
Price range: US$21 - US$35
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Cafe de France opened its doors to Park Avenue in July 1982. Since then it has always been owned and operated by French natives, following the pattern of many little restaurants in Europe. Cafe de France takes pride in serving the freshest ingredients brought in daily. All dishes are freshly prepared on premises. Our specials change everyday, according to market availability. Full bar and wine cuvinet We hope you'll enjoy your dining experience in our quaint restaurant, and we look forward to your future visit. OPEN FOR LUNCH AND DINNER, TUESDAY THRU SATURDAY! Open for lunch. Bon appetit!
Reviewed 22 April 2016 via mobile

Had the chance to go back there for my birthday a few weeks ago and it was once again delicious!

We started off with the terrine which was awesome as well as the warm bread. I then went with the Filet Mignon which was once again cooked to perfection.

Service was also as good as ever as our server was very attentive and very friendly. We can't wait to be back again as this is by far the best French restaurant in Orlando.

1  Thank Steve R

Reviewed 16 March 2016 via mobile

We visited for the first time recently and were impressed with every aspect of the experience from the food to the service and the atmosphere. The service is attentive without hovering. Our server knew the menu in and out and was able to easily answer our questions and offer recommendations. Our cocktails were superb. The food was excecuted perfectly. My wife had the scallops and I had the duck. Both were very flavorful and well played. Unfortunately, we were too full for dessert and opted for coffee instead. We will certainly be back.

Reviewed 20 February 2016

A Valentine's dinner--not to be remembered. We also ate here on Valentine's Day without anyone telling us there was a special menu. As we had planned on what to try before arriving, it was disappointing on our first visit to not try dishes we really had anticipated. I started with escargot which I've had everywhere and these were the most under seasoned I ever had. In fact, I had to put salt on them to make them more palatable. Salmon was similar, though risotto and brussel sprouts were good. Creme brulee had the sugar burned dark brown on top. Other choices made were similarly flawed. Since for us it's a neighborhood restaurant with an urban ambiance, we hoped to return again. Unfortunately, that will not happen.

2  Thank Gail K
Reviewed 18 February 2016

My wife started with the French onion soup while I had the tomato and garlic soup. They were both very good. For dinner she had the filet cooked medium. It was amazing, it cut like butter. I had the duck which had a wonderful texture and taste. The atmosphere and service was very enjoyable.

Reviewed 17 February 2016 via mobile

My wife and I joined another couple for dinner here on Feb. 13th. We were seated promptly but noticed that the menu given to us was a Valentine's Special and not what we had looked at on the website. And in making our reservation no one at the restaurant had mentioned this change. We each brought in a bottle of wine and had separate checks, however their inflexible policy given to us at the table was that the first bottle would have a $20 corking fee while the second bottle would have a $30 corking fee. Our pleas about the illogic of this were to no avail. We had the two wines decanted but had to pour it ourselves because of the in-attention of the wait staff. Each of us ordered different items from the limited menu. And each of the four of us were unhappy with our meals. Very fatty lamb (how can anyone eat a baby lamb?), cold salmon that was supposed to be hot, weak French onion soup, and-I suppose the summary would be that everything was just so-so, average, especially given the high prices. The brussel sprouts, other vegetables and salads were good however. Not much of a redeeming grace though.

3  Thank ZipJimmer