“Great Place for Kid's Birthday!”

Peterbrooke Chocolatier
Ranked #2 of 28 Dessert in Winter Park
Description: Amazing, European style chocolate and authentic Italian gelato (ice cream). Our hand-made, gourmet chocolates are made fresh daily by our skilled team of chocolatiers. We also offer chocolate parties - great for vacation fun! We're located on Park Avenue in beautiful downtown Winter Park, Florida (Greater Orlando area). Locally owned and operated by husband and wife team Kevin and Jami Wray.
Reviewed 14 May 2018

Recently had a 12th birthday there for 10 people. I'll review each step below.

Planning: Very easy. Called 3 weeks ahead and reserved an hour party in their chocolate kitchen (really was 90 minutes). You have to pay for 1 person in advance, so at the time of reservation it will run you about 20-25 bucks. While making the reservation, they walk you through the whole process, including where you can order pizza from to feed the kiddies (Park Ave. Pizza around the corner).

Day of party: They set up for you and you have a chef assigned to your party. He goes through the history of chocolate with the kids (I even learned something). The party chef was very knowledgeable and obviously enjoyed interacting with the kids. He even got the adults involved.

Party: Pizza place delivered and we ate in the kitchen. Peterbrooke cleaned up for us and placed all the chocolate goodies in bags for all the kids.

Overall: A great time was had by all and the chocolate was yummy. Runs about 20-30 bucks a head (including food, cake and drinks). Kids had fun and the birthday was memorable. I highly recommend booking a party there. Or, visit the store to grab a cup of gelato or one of their treats.

1  Thank Jason H

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed across the street at the Park Plaza Hotel. After dinner on Park Avenue, this was our final stop for the night before going back to our hotel.

Nice selection of chocolate treats, some other candies, and ice cream. However, the pre-packaged pair of chocolate-covered pretzel sticks that I picked for myself tasted stale.

I would say this place is more a tourist trap then not but a corner chocolate store is a nice thing.

Reviewed 29 April 2018

We visited Winter park for a little small town ambience away from the bustle of Orlando. The shop was very clean and the staff helpful, polite and friendly, There are so many permutations that every palate must be catered for. Our fave was the chocolate covered popcorn - a sheer pleasure.

1  Thank ukbod
Reviewed 5 February 2018

If you are a chocolate fan then Peterbrooke’s is a must stop. In fact, you’ll probably stop here several times. I love their chocolate so much I even order it on line. The chocolate covered popcorn is my favorite. I would drive to Winter Park just to stop in for a fix.

1  Thank Sept1468
Reviewed 27 January 2018

A few in our party had gelato. One said it was the best berry gelato he's ever had (and, he goes to Italy yearly).
I had the chocolate with chili pepper...mmmmm!

1  Thank DawnAlba