“Not bad”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Morse and Park Avenue
Description: Blending simplicity and inspiration, Prato celebrates cuisine from Italy's rich culinary landscape, seamlessly blending Italian classics with modern techniques and seasonal ingredients. Celebrated chef, Brandon McGlamery entices guests with dishes ranging from light primi and insalata choices to savory, handcrafted pastas and inventive Italian entrees. By offering a variety of Spanish and Italian varietals and blends, we help our guests to discover complex, unique and lesser known wines that excited and delight their palettes. With a long bar that runs through the center of the restaurant, dining at Prato offers a communal and social atmosphere.
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

The good food was the saving grace. We choose Prato for a cheese pizza for our daughter. This was rated by TripAdvisor as the #1 pizza/Italian place in Winter Park. I enjoyed the grilled eggplant. My husband enjoyed half orders of two different pasta dishes. We both had glasses of Barolo.

The restaurant was filled with young adults in their 20s and the servers are young as well. The decor is supposed to be rustic. The servers were wearing plaid shirts. It seemed strange to see this "rustic" style in Winter Park but our server said it was because of the "farm-to-table" concept of the restaurant.

The restaurant is small and the long bar takes up a great deal of space in the center.

I can't believe this place is only open for dinner. It is very casual and seems more like a lunch place.

Our order was served as if we were ordering tapas. It was not all brought out together. My daughter was served first, then my plate came, and, last, my husband's food. That was very strange.

If the food were below average, this would be a terrible place, but the food was good. My husband and I enjoyed our selections. Our daughter's cheese pizza, though, was very average. I would not consider this a good pizza restaurant but it was fine if you just want to socialize with drinks and food of any kind on Park Avenue.

An older crowd was down the street at another Italian restaurant, Panullo's. I guess the large bar at Prato is why Prato was filled with only young adults.

1  Thank Julie3679

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Pizza very good. Cheese and meat
plate ok. Lamb pasta ok. Meatballs excellent. Very good service. Good drinks as well

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I love Prato! The pizza is thin, the meatballs are perfection and the service is great! Definitely recommend!

Reviewed 9 April 2018

If you want to enjoy the creative comfort foods cuisine you'll need to book reservations way ahead of time. And the food and atmosphere so worth it. Every time we visit Orlando, my daughter makes sure this a must visit evening out and we always start with the one of kind meatball appetizers. We love them so much sometimes we order a few rounds of them. Yum!

Reviewed 28 March 2018

No denying that the food is delicious. I don't generally like mussels but my mom ordered them and these were AMAZING. Menu changes fairly often so I'll definitely have to go back! Fairly dark inside so I prefer to get an outdoor table, but great service and fun area to walk around before/after dinner.