“A Delicious Value”

Lotus Chinese Kitchen
Ranked #27 of 92 Restaurants in Wilton Manors
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

If you are seeking reasonably priced food of very good quality, this may just be for you.

This Wilton Manors staple is an excellent example of Chinese done right. Located in a typical strip mall does not look so special from the street, but inside will prove, you can’t judge a book by its cover.

Walking in, you enter the cashier/take-out area, it is rather cold and typical, but then you are taken into a warm, comfortable dining room of warm light, stack stone accents and booths. Bustling with activity it is rather non-typical of other Chinese restaurants. We were seated in a comfortable booth and greeted almost instantly by our capable server.

The men is loaded with items and I opted for the Twice Cooked Pork and my dining companion ordered the Honey Gael Chicken. Both entrees came with white Rice or Pork Fried Rice.

We also order bowls of their House Special Wonton Soup.

Service is quick, efficient and completely unobtrusive, which for me, is a major plus. Our beverages were brought and within a few minutes, our Soup arrived. If you have not tried it, House Special Wonton Soup is loaded with vegetables and pork, chicken and shrimp, alongside the delicious Wonton. Full of flavor, it was the perfect beginning for our dinner

Our entrees arrived and did not disappoint. My Twice Cooked Pork was loaded with chopped Cabbage, Carrot tender slices of Asian style pork. Flavor was delicious and perfectly seasoned. Please note, this restaurant DOES NOT use MSG. I appreciate this as i am highly allergic to this.

My dining companion had the Honey Garlic Chicken, a generous portion of Tempura Fried white Meat of chicken tossed in a delicious Honey garlic glaze. I tried a piece and have to tell you, was having a little bit of entree envy with this one. Both entrees were accompanied by the fried rice which was also very good!

Priced reasonably, this restaurant is a good value and truly a place for a nice relaxing dinner. I shall return!

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

After 30 years or more of going to Lotus !! Today aside the rudeness of the waitress.... they use MSG ... i order a Pork Low Main and since before they claim no using any of it ... today I just double Czech and the waitress told me “sorry but your meal it’s already prepare”.
Then she came back and told me that this new meal had no msg aNd start eating it and within minutes I run to the bathroom to throw up and I felt like I was going to die !!!
If anyone aside the rudeness make sure if you ALLERGIC TO MSG ... stay away from this place .... maybe it’s different owner .. totally other place than the one I use to go !!!

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

Finally a really top-notch Chinese restaurant in Fort Lauderdale area. I absolutely adore Chinese food and here you will have some of the best dishes in this very modest looking but superior Chinese restaurant. And just for starters have the egg drop soup which unlike other restaurants in the area is thick, well-seasoned and plentiful.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

We have tried so many Chinese restaurants in the Fort Lauderdale area and have yet to find one that comes close to those in our former city. Lotus is a big disappointment. First, the restaurant doesn't appear clean. The food was not flavorful and the service was average. There was a big crowd on the night we dined so, evidently, it is meeting the needs of some folks who like Chinese. I had the LoMein (special) and it was barely warm to the taste and lacked much flavor.

1  Thank Robert R
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Chinese kitchen food, but better some years ago, right now is acceptable food, definitely it's not recommended

1  Thank richardmat04