“Don’t pass this one up!”

Los Vallarta Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 128 Restaurants in Wesley Chapel
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

If you are in or near Wesley Chapel do yourself a favor and stop! The chairs alone make you think you are in Central America as they are brightly painted in many designs. Start off with tortilla chips with a variety of sauces, both bottled and “homemade”, to suit your taste and tolerance. Many different options on the menu to satisfy. It took us more than a few minutes to decide on burritos. The girlfriend chose a shredded beef and I got the grilled steak and chicken. The food was delicious and plentiful. And don’t forget about the margaritas!! But be careful if you’re driving as they come in 12, 32, and 64 ounce sizes and are very good! We were in the area on business, but I would drive the almost 40 miles just to dine there again!

Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

Chuy's just down the street opened less than two weeks ago. We've eaten there twice and loved it. Still, we are very loyal to Vallarta's so I stopped by to get dinner tonight. It was such a disappointment, and right when they should be upping their game. It was not busy at all, but the service was terrible and the food, meager. We got probably twice as much food for half the price when we went down the street. And the whole atmosphere at Vallarta's was lacking.

I hate to leave a review like this but I hope that they can get it in gear and recover some of their customers. I'm just so disappointed

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Great margaritas! Two for ones! Wonderful lunch specials-food hot with great service. Plenty of parking, outdoor seating available.

Reviewed 28 April 2018

Just noticed the sign and stopped in for the first time. It's 2:00 and that's a late lunch for us. Got two of the lunch specials #3 (rice and beans, one chicken enchilada and one chicken taco.)

The warm chips were brought before the menus. Good salsa.

Real Mexican music playing inside and a good mix of the population represented. I can't stand going to a fake Mexican restaurant and hearing pop music. C'MON! We don't do taco bell! We want it real!

Lunch was piping hot and the chicken taco was the best I ever had. Really good beans, the rice good but an 8 out of 10. They weren't as moist as we like. Excellent enchilada.

Both the taco and the enchilada had a lot of white chicken meat. We like that a lot. Also, lunch stayed warm, unlike some places. $22 before tip.

We live 45 minutes away but we'll be back.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

It is rare that I am disappointed by Mexican food. This was one of those rare times. Mediocre flavors, barely warm and covered with melted mozzarella cheese. I am not a fan and was surprised at the high ratings here