See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 22 September 2014

I have stayed at the Rolet hotel 3 times now. Every time I have found it clean, quiet and the staff and security guards (For our security) have always been polite and helpful. the entire time of all my visits I have felt safe and my things secure. This is not normal in Catbalogan. It is not 5 Star. Don't expect it. It is clean, functional and well maintained. It is central to the town and only 3 minutes walk to the main transport hub of the area. Prices are fair and I enjoyed the time there. I will certainly use it again and would recommend it to my friends. The Bathrooms are small but functional and "Yes" the toilet gets wet when you shower. (So what). It is a good hotel for its location, and better than others I have seen there.

Room Tip: The rooms near the front balcony seem best. More convenient. There is no lift and it starts on the first floor above the street
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank BarryB01
Reviewed 9 August 2013

If you are in Catbalogan, Samar and doesn't know where to stay, this hotel is the best place to be. The rooms are cozy, the beds are comfy and clean the staff are all accommodating and friendly, the location is in the heart of the city, under the hotel are stalls where you can buy very affordable items, for men and women, cd's, toys, watches, etc.
Rolet is also a favorite place for several famous actors and actressses, prominent politicians, and other celebrities who comes and visit Catbalogan. Need any assistance? Ask their Hotel Manager Ruby Tan, who is always there to help.

Room Tip: Take the room that are near the balconey.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank Tessa B
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Good: Clean enough rooms, mostly helpful staff, centrally located, modestly priced. Fridge outside where you can buy a beer for 80 pesos.

Not so good: No breakfast, although Jolibees are nearby. No lifts, if you are over 6 ft tall be very careful, you might bang your head coming down the stairs (like I did, and the staff member blamed me which really didn't impress- I did say mostly helpful staff, it seems there is an odd one out).. They should at least put up a sign but duty of care doesn't exist in third world backwaters. I can easily stand flatfooted on the stair and my head is hard against the ledge above (I am 6 ft 1.5 in).The floor tiles in our room were also perilously slippery when stepping out of the shower.

Like many hotels in the Philippines, plenty of expense has been spared with the beds, they are hard foam and pretty awful.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank PandA255060
Reviewed 9 April 2013 via mobile

The twin room was spartan but relatively clean. Don't expect a window in all the rooms. Air-conditioning came from a split type unit that was a bit too noisy for comfort.
The bathroom has an inconvenient design where the shower is in front of the toilet. So everything gets wet when you take a shower. But the water pressure is good and there is a water heater.
There is a small color TV (14") but with all the cable channels. WiFi crawls in the room, the foyer has a stronger signal.

• Stayed: March 2013
4  Thank Val M
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Clean, centrally located, reasonably priced - its not the Ritz but what do you expect? Aircon worked fine, sheets were clean, only complaint was that the bathroom was the annoying type where there is no separate shower so the whole thing gets soaked when you use the shower. But other than that a reasonable choice for Catbalogan

PS No breakfast available at hotel - I had breakfast a block away at the popular chain jollibee (literally walk around the block until you are behind the hotel) - kept me going, as long as you don't mind rice and fish/meat for brekky its fine!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business