“Best Sandwiches ”

The Red Onion Eatery
Ranked #18 of 362 Restaurants in Vero Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

We’ve frequented this casual spot many times. The sandwiches are creative and ample. They also offer several salads and individual bottles of wine. You stand in line to order and then servers being your meal to you. My only caution is that it generally takes much longer than you would expect to receive your meal. This week orders on two separate days took 25 and 43 minutes!

1  Thank pdgbag

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

We went 2 yrs ago and they sassy was a huge sandwich i could barely eat and was one of the best things id ever eaten.went tonight and sandwiches were skimpy.not sure if its a different cook or what but a difference and not in a good way

1  Thank Brent S
Reviewed 5 March 2018

This place has THE best grilled asparagus sandwich you'll ever eat. Menu is varied with salads and sandwiches and it's a block from the ocean.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 3 March 2018

Excellent choice for a healthy lunch. My mom always enjoys the fresh seafood sandwich and I prefer the grilled asparagus. All ingredients are fresh and service is extremely courteous. Comfortable atmosphere, convenient location to Beach.

1  Thank jerry g
Reviewed 28 February 2018

We stopped for lunch at The Red Onion in part due to its protected outdoor seating which allowed my dog to stay beside us while we ate. As it turns out, this is certainly not the only reason to frequent this place.

The lunch menu is big enough that I had some trouble settling on a dish because so many of them looked so good. in the end I opted for the Grouper Reuben. While this sounds somewhat strange it was actually great.

It really isn't a Reuben in that there was no sauer kraut, nor for that matter, corned beef. It is a mammoth piece of breaded and friend grouper grilled on rye bread with a slaw of some kind, dressing, and a smattering of cheese. It was very tasty and not nearly as greasy as the traditional version of this sandwich. It also was more than twice the size that I could have eaten and I can normally motor through a pretty decent sized lunch.

The fish was very tasty and I took half the sandwich home to eat a second meal on another day. Many of the other sandwiches looked appealing as did salads.

The location across from some of the beachfront facilities in Vero was great and we were able to park a block away on a busy day.

Date of visit: February 2018