“Perfect place for a lovely lunch”
Review of Suwannee Rose Cafe

Suwannee Rose Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Trenton
Reviewed 30 April 2017

We had just visited the Suwannee Valley Shoppes in Trenton, Florida, when we spotted the Suwanee Rose Cafe next door. The greater part of the building, which used to be a Coca Cola bottling plant, is occupied by a quilt fabric shop, located in the back of the restaurant, which is also decorated with various quilts and quilt-related motifs. It is a very original and quaint cafe, with a very warm, old fashioned feel to it. The service was very good though they did take a little more time than we expected to bring the soup that came with our entrees: they brought it when we were almost done with our entrees. (Our server did apologize for the delay and the soup, a fish gumbo, was delicious, so we weren't upset.) The Turkey Reuben Sandwich I ordered was very good; but my husband and daughter found that their orders (a chicken salad sandwich and a chicken quesadilla, respectively) were good but nothing special. For dessert my daughter and I shared an awesome raspberry chocolate brownie-like bar (can't remember the name). It was hard choosing because all the desserts looked great. All in all I really liked this restaurant and will definitely visit again when I'm in the area. Next time I'll try their Monte Cristo Sandwich and Quiche, both very good based on some comments I overheard from nearby tables.

Reviewed 31 March 2017

The café is very cute. You can eat inside or outside under the awning. The Monte Christo sandwich is fantastic especially when paired with their broccoli slaw - which is a taste sensation by itself. I've had wraps and other sandwiches there and haven't had anything bad. Now we move on to desserts . They are home made . There are pies cakes , candy, cookies ,tortes and then there is an old fashioned ice cream parlor for sundaes , malts, floats and cones. Service is pretty quick and the servers are very nice. Décor is very pretty with quilts on the walls, stain glass in the windows. The building is an old coke bottling building. Vintage look about it.

Reviewed 3 March 2017

A homey cafe housed in a quilt shop with great service. The menu is varied and prices are fair. Only open for lunch. Worth a repeat visit or two or more!!!

Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

What a hidden gem. We decided to take the back roads home. We loved the selection of fabric (including the bird who laughed at our whistles), the old fashioned soda machine, and a well made lunch. The atmosphere was close to what I grew up on.

Reviewed 3 December 2016 via mobile

I have had the pleasure of discovering this hole in the wall cafe. It is inside a quilt shop of all places. We were there for lunch, the food was prepared promptly and it was tasty. The waitresses were attentive and quick with request and a smile on their face. It is located in Trenton Florida. If your ever that way stop in you won't regret it. Also they have fresh baked desserts and hand dipped ice cream.