“Some of the best mexican food around!”
Review of Los Mexicanos

Los Mexicanos
Ranked #62 of 150 Restaurants in Tarpon Springs
Price range: US$0 - US$35
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed 13 July 2016

I'm going to give a fully honest review here because I've been going to this location for over 5 years.

No, the restaurant itself isn't all that pleasant on the eyes. It's pretty rundown inside and out, but the food on most nights, is delicious and consistent. I crave the food here also, which makes me wonder if it contains MSG, not trying to knock this place, but I eat here regularly because I want it so often. I don't live as close as I used to, but anytime I'm in that area, I have to make a visit.

My favorite thing to order is usually the #23 combo. A burrito, chile relleno, rice and beans. I have been here when they are having an off night and it's not quite the same, but it happens. Doesn't prevent me from returning. They are one of the few Mexican restaurants that actually stuffs their rellenos with meat. I feel like that has been a rarity in many mexican restaurants down here in FL. Either they stuff it with beef or just cheese. No complaints on a deep fried pepper stuffed with cheese and fried, but I really love it when they can be stuffed with chicken. Personal preference. :)

I have tried many things on the menu. The Quesadilla delujo is an appetizer I often make into a meal. The fajitas are fajitas. Their enchiladas and their tacos hit the spot, but I prefer a wet burrito. Their red sauce is truly a gamechanger.

Don't visit without getting a cheese dip. You will regret it, who passes up on melted cheese? This place goes highly recommended by me.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

Really great, authentic Mexican food. My favorite salsa; I actually crave it. Each meal I have ordered has been excellent. They also have an app that you download and earn points toward a free meal. A must try....

Reviewed 12 April 2016 via mobile

Ok. There are many valid and varied reviews here. That gets me excited. I had to check it out for myself. So here is my take.
After walking out on two (two!) places for horrible or no service, third place had to be the charm. We wondered in around 8:30 on a relatively busy Friday night. Seated right away and drink orders were taken right away. Warm chips and salsa at the table in minutes. Love the little bottle they put the salsa in. When u are done with the bowl, you pour yourself some more. Nice. We ordered some queso. This also came out super fast. It may or may not have been from a can. But who cares. It was tasty. So many times I've gotten thick, gritty queso that is not consistent from other places. On this, I let it slide.
Our order came out in about 10 minutes. Fast, fresh and flavorful. Oh. And huge portions. Had to take home more than half!
The server was very knowledgeable and friendly. Never needed him; he refilled drinks before they were even half way done, took empty plates as they were done. My final answer...ill be back

Reviewed 31 March 2016

As you can probably ascertain by my numerous reviews of Los Mexicanos, we have been frequent diners at the restaurant and usually bring 1 to 2 other couples with us. We went for dinner again last night. Unlike most times, we stood inside the front door with another family for over 5 minutes while we watched numerous staff members moving around, going to the bar or kitchen BUT not one came to welcome us or provide menus and show us to a table/booth.
Highly unusual as we are usually met and escorted to a booth immediately. NO the restaurant was not busy!
After finally being shown to our table, we then had another 5+ minutes or so before a server came to take a drink order.Although the service was friendly, it was terribly slow! Examples--10 minutes to get our check after asking for it. Meals were served sporatically; 2 came out together, then another and finally another!! Not good!
Food was OK but definitely not what had originally attracted us to Los Mexicanos and kept us coming back. The slippage has been quite noticeable and includes the general appearance of the restaurant--- mold, mildew and peeling paint on the exterior; chairs and floor dirty ...on the interior.
We were hopeful this was an aberration but unfortunately it has become the trend. We will now look for another Mexican restaurant to frequent.

Reviewed 28 February 2016 via mobile

Living in Tampa Bay, there is Latin food everywhere, but finding good Mexican/Tex-Mex can be difficult. I was so happy to find this place - the food was delicious and the prices were fair. The fajitas were fantastic. I will definitely make a return trip here!!