“Perfect meal with excellent service”

Chihuahua Mexican Grill
Ranked #201 of 2,579 Restaurants in Tampa
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 14 February 2017

We love, love, love this restaurant. Brought a variety of people ranging in age from 12 to 53 and everyone was happy. The chimichanga and fajitas were perfection for the older people. The 30 year olds loved the spice of the burrito while the teenagers devoured the fish tacos. The waitresses were friendly and very attentive. We had a bit of a wait to be seated, but had some delicious Modelos and Victorias while waiting. The parking is terrible. No booths. But we are willing to overlook those shortcomings because everything else was outstanding. I will definitely go back.

Reviewed 16 January 2017

Found this little neighborhood jewel in December 2016 and have eaten there multiple times plus had them cater a large birthday party. Could not have been more pleased with the quality of food, level of service, and prices. Have enjoyed 4 lunches and 2 dinners at the restaurant and one catering event. I really like the level of service, No matter how busy, the staff is very much on point.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

It's not the most comfortable for dinner, but the food is descent. It's not a four or five star place.
The servers are ok, nothing special. The prices are a little bit high for what you get. The parking
is terrible.

Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

We stumbled upon this restaurant after we learned that Kojacks was closed on Monday's. It's a fairly small restaurant but decorated very nice in the chihuahua theme. Chips and salsa were served in a dog bowl. The kids thought that was funny. The salsa was delicious.

We all ordered from the lunch special menu. I had the carne asada tacos and they were great. My son had a burrito and he devoured it. My daughter had the quesadilla and fries and she really enjoyed it. My wife ordered the sopa and taco combination and she let me finish what she couldn't eat and that was great too!

If I lived in Tampa we would definitely frequent this restaurant.

Reviewed 20 July 2016

What a cute restaurant in lovely neighborhood. The theme - those tiny little pooches the restaurant is named for - is carried out in the décor, but tastefully, not overwhelmingly. A very cute touch is that the multicolor tortilla chips are served up in dog bowls! The salsa and guacamole were some of the best I've ever had in a restaurant.
I had the carne asada (skirt steak) with pico de gallo. It was excellent and there was enough that I had the leftovers for lunch the next day.
Treat yourself to the mango cheesecake if it's available - yum!
The service was fast and friendly.
The restrooms were very clean.
Overall, a very inviting, friendly atmosphere and excellent food.

Been to Chihuahua Mexican Grill? Share your experiences!