Quality Inn & Conference Center Tampa
US$140
SailportSuites.com
US$199
  • Restaurant
All reviewskids pooldollar treebush gardenshome friesroom was cleanbeautiful pooloatmealadventure islandbreakfast buffetpool area iscvsmicrowaveuniversitymallproximity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

...but still a decent value.
There were a couple minor issues that I presented to the front desk at checkout. Hopefully they will remedy those. If I'm here again in a few months, we'll see if things have changed.
I was quite excited about the voucher for breakfast in the Japanese restaurant on the property. I thought, "Wow, THIS should be interesting!" Nope. Same Choice Motels food you get anywhere. Glad to have it, but I had expected something a little more unique.
Thankfully, although I ended up in a ground-floor poolside room, the folks quieted down by 11 p.m., and the stomping around upstairs ended about the same time. After that, I slept fine.
Check in and check out went very well. Nice to see that there is some stability in the staff; that's usually a good sign.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

So, this is not usually the kind of hotel we like to stay in, one with exterior walkways/doors for safety reasons. I guess we didn't notice that on the website. Check-in took a very long time. Was told the long way to the room by the clerk. Maintenance guy told us there were closer stairs and even helped me with my bag since I was struggling. Room was nothing special. Toilet stopped flushing and had to call front desk. Maintenance guy came right away. Fixed it in no time, but it happened again. I finally figured out how to fix it myself or he would have been there every time we flushed the toilet. Housekeeping was excellent. Breakfast was the same stuff on both days, a variety of items though. Young lady at the check-in at breakfast was very nice. Maintenance guy was very helpful and "worth his weight in gold." Housekeeping did an awesome job. From the experience my husband had at check-in, the front desk staff maybe could use a little more "hospitality" training. They are the first impression.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here after a long flight from Las Vegas. I believe this hotel may have long term renters as it was so loud with people outside our room. I had to put earplugs in. Our room was also right beside the busy highway. The breakfast was good with plenty of choice but way to crowded. We stayed in Tampa 2 more nights but choose not to stay here.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
2  Thank pb3girl1
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Got off to a terrible start here. Front desk staff were slow and disinterested. If I had not already paid, I might have walked away. Rooms are dated. All rooms exit on to an external catwalk. Our toilet malfunctioned repeatedly. Beds are small. Breakfast was decent and the housekeeping staff did a good job during our 4 day stay. Like I said, mixed bag.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Room 1065 was a king single first floor, rear (south) with parking right at door. The firm king bed was comfortable. The shower starved for hot water and by direction of maintenance supervisor, we let the water run until it became hot. The hot water with sufficient volume would then last for two showers. The Heat/AC unit would only run for a few seconds and then blow cold air. This was also reported to maintenance. Had this week in March not been unseasonably cold, this would not have been such an issue. Breakfast buffet was static, other than alternating sausage or bacon daily. Very simple adequate breakfast with pleasant staff. Grits only, no potatoes or biscuits and gravy.

Room Tip: south rooms were away from road noise. two swimming pools and courtyard in center of complex. coin laundries worked well
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple