“Creative - Elegant - Delicious”
Review of Roy's Restaurant

Roy's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Roy's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 2,738 Restaurants in Tampa
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: N Manhattan Avenue
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Great choice for this creative Hawaiian/Japanese fusion. You can't go wrong with any dish. We were crazy about the butterfish and braised short ribs. The lobster bisque was incredible. This is a dining experience you'll not forget and look for the Roy's around the country

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Very Creative Menu at Roys. It is the kind of place that works for various occasions including family, dates, business etc. Atmosphere is very high end and luxurious. Service close to doting but pleasant and the food is exceptional. One thing to note that it is much higher priced than the average restaurant in Tampa. While not approaching NYC prices, it is on the higher end for Tampa. It will be up to you to decide whether the upcharge is worth it. I was not disappointed.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 22 March 2018

Kyle was a superb representative of Roy's. We arrived around 9:30 - 10:00 pm after what was certainly a long day for him and his colleagues at Roy's. Yet he greeted us with enthusiasm and warmth, and he maintained his remarkable welcoming spirit throughout our visit. He served creative drinks to my wife and me, and three adult children, and then suggested a "canoe" of truly delicious items, including lobster pot stickers, pork ribs, tuna rolls and spring rolls. We concluded with the absolutely remarkable Kaffir Lime Tart and then had to order a second serving of that dessert. I am sincere in saying that it was one of the best dining experiences of our lives because of the exceptional service provided by Kyle, along with "wow" drinks and food. We were also very happy to meet the manager, Megan, who also conveyed great warmth and professionalism.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank CrazyAboutAcadia
Reviewed 19 March 2018

Let me start by saying, I usually love Roy's. When we travel, if there's a Roy's in the city, that's where we go. The food is always good. This time in Tampa, however, I was VERY disappointed. I called a week before our reservation to let them know that we would be there celebrating my son and new daughter-in-law's wedding. The lovely woman I spoke to on the phone was very excited, asked their names (including the spelling) for a congratulatory note card, and said she would have the table decorated beautifully with orchids to make it special. So we get there on Friday evening and the table has a generic "Thanks for celebrating with us" card on it and two CHEAP, FAKE leis. (Seriously! You know, the ones you buy in bags of 100 for your summer back yard barbeque.) I was actually rather embarrassed. They threw in a free dessert, but then so does Denny's. You dropped the ball Roy's Tampa.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 9 March 2018

I hear the butterfish is great. The lunch menu doesn't offer it though. If I go back, it'll be for the butterfish at dinner time.

Date of visit: February 2018

Been to Roy's Restaurant? Share your experiences!