All reviews macdill afb street construction air force base front desk breakfast selection room was clean non smoking only stayed one night recommend this hotel convenient location hotel is located free breakfast gandy blvd hurricane pete mirror
Reviewed 17 August 2018

Hello I live near this Hotel and needed a place to stay overnight with my two adult kids and our poodle, do to repairs in our apartment. It was great to find a Hotel that takes pets and did not charge us and arm and a leg for it. I paid 129, average price and breakfast was included, The Hotel is very clean, rooms are very nice, beds are comfy, we had a bathtub, hair drier, frige, microwave. If you have a pet there is a small area in the back under a couple trees next to a dumpster where you can dispose of your doggy bag. There is a swimming pool, small but its there, also there is a small gym,! This Hotel is on Gandy boulevard means traffic but also NEAR everything, restaurants, Super Walmart, Library...Gandy bridge to get to St-Petersburg in a flash! Great convenient location, Room is well sound proof, had no problem with noise. Breakfast area is spacious, clerks are friendly and efficient. I recommend this place even if you take a vacation and do not wish to pay tourist area prices, this is close enough to beaches and activities, if you have a car.

Room tip: The rooms are well sound proof no matter where you are.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Jay C, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Bay Area-Tampa South, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We are pleased to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay at Tampa Bay Area- Tampa South La Quinta. Our Team looks forward to providing you with exceptional service in the future. It’s our commitment to serve our guests to our best ability and hope to always exceed your expectations. We will see you soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

I stayed at this local hotel while work was being done on my home. While I was expecting just a hotel I was quite pleasantly surprised. From the moment I walked in the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. My room was clean and Tastefully furnished and all appliances, air conditioning and TV worked well. I will most definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family who come to visit the area.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Reviewed 29 July 2018

Showers were not cleaned well and my feet slid in the greasy film when I stepped in. Room was not bad. Air conditioning squeals like a whining dog several times an hour when it cycles off. Pool was green and unappealing. Breakfast was basic, but cooked well.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

We received your review, looks like we dropped the ball on meeting your expectations. We appreciate your feedback: this is definitely not the experience we want you to have when staying with us! Your feedback will help us improve our operation. Rest assured your comments will be shared with our team, and it's through comments such as yours that we've able to improve. Thanks again for your time and hope we'll see you back with us at La Quinta Inn & suites once again.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

Very updated and well maintained hotel. Very nice place to stay. Great staff, and cleanliness of great proportion. Stay here every time we're in the area. Would recommend to anyone in the area. My go to place when in the area.

1  Thank Larry1953

Reviewed 11 July 2018

Clean, staff was friendly, excellent service. They had a good breakfast and was very friendly to my pet. I liked that after people checked out they deep cleaned each carpet. It was always fresh and clean, they take pride in their hotel.