“definitely a good stop”

Surf Shack Coastal Kitchen
Ranked #302 of 2,579 Restaurants in Tampa
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We like the Surf Shack in St. Armand's so we thought we'd give this one a shot. It was very good as well. Burgers were excellent. So were the wings. The burritos were the special that night and they were HUGE and a great deal at $5. Overall, it was perfect for a family.

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

We’ve been here a few times over the last few years and we have to say food quality is on the decline. Chips and salsa was interesting it almost looked like Doritos instead of fresh chips from most restaurants plus sauce was plain. We had a steak burrito, steak and chicken tocos and all were not freshly made and for sure were microwaved. Steak burrito was not hot and tortilla was tough to cut in to no sauce just cheese and rice with no flavor. Tacos the same dry and plain no taste or flavor probably our last time with too many choices in West chase/citrus park area. Plus why a margarita in a mason jar!

SurfShackFlorida, Owner at Surf Shack Coastal Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

OUCH! I am so sorry for your experience Patti! We are very proud of our food and beverage here including our cool mason jars for margaritas, such a popular item but we obviously didn't do the job on this occasion for you. Let us make it up to you! Please call the restaurant or reach out on our contact form on our website and we will set things right and again I am so sorry!
For anyone reading this though please note our FREE chips and salsa with every table are fresh fried daily with a unique house seasoning we make from scratch. Our salsa has a dozen ingredients and has been described by many as the best ever. I believe its the mango puree that distinguishes it myself. ALL TACOS and burritos along with our entire extensive menu are ALWAYS made to order we do not microwave any menu item. Our Steak burritos as an example have fresh chimichurri sauce in them made from scratch in house which is fantastic. Check us out when your in the area we offer the best specials in Westchase and have been voted #1 restaurant for families in all of Tampa

Reviewed 9 February 2018

Great casual seafood cafe in Westchase with outdoor seating, varied menu and extensive beverage selection. Many happy hour specials including crab legs. Definitely worth a trip.

Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

Surf Shack is my new favorite taco joint. On Thursdays they have a fabulous taco menu. The chimichurri steak is my favorite. The tacos range from $2 to $4. Happy hour is good too. Bartenders are wonderful.

Reviewed 11 November 2017

About once a month on Thursday my wife and I go out to the Surf Shack. She loves their $2.00 Tacos and I love their Steak or BBQ Chicken Quesadilla. This time she ordered two West Coast Chicken tacos with
braised moist, flavorful chicken, lettuce, tomato, jack cheese and sour cream in a lettuce wrap instead of a taco shell. They were so big, one went home with her for lunch. Besides being large, THEY WERE VERY GOOD! I ordered the BBQ Chicken Quesadilla that is 12" in diameter filled with Black Ale braised chicken, red onion, jack cheese and cilantro. Half of this went home for lunch as we. With two house margaritas and two glasses of wine, the total without tip was less than $35.00