“Delish”

Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 October 2017

102 friends

Elite ’17

I have been a huge fan of Restaurant BT for years, ever since she occupied the space in Hyde Park. The restaurant, for years now, resides in a smaller spot on MacDill Avenue. I'll mention the parking is behind this gem off of Palmira. Walk in and you will find the décor to be very clean, minimalist, with lots of bamboo. The atmosphere is Zen-like to me. It has a relaxed, comfortable,casual feel.

The menu is French-Vietnamese with strong hints of a global influence. In one word the food is seductive. I feel the passion that goes into the food just by visually taking in how beautifully plated each menu item is, as it is presented to the diner. It's like you have been given a piece of art that you may further enjoy by devouring all of its parts. BT is truly gifted at combining spices, creating contrast between textures, color and flavor, therefore giving her customers a delicious gorgeous meal.

I have enjoyed the fresh rolls, spring rolls, tuna tai chanh, salmon gravalax, and duck burrito as starters. The black truffle burrata and the avocado lobster salad are divine. The entree's that stand out for me are the shaken beef, prawns and the snapper. Not a fan of the pho. I personally think it needs to be bolder. My favorite thing to do is order several starters for the table to share. I rarely order dessert so I am unable to comment on her sweets.

The wine list is creative and BT takes pride in selecting what she has to offer her guests. I believe you may bring in your own bottle for a steep corkage fee of $30-$40. Please confirm this with the restaurant.

I have always been pleased with the wait staff. This is an expensive night out, no doubt. I believe several menu items are too high for what you are receiving. Overall, you are still 5 stars.

1  Thank susant771

Reviewed 1 October 2017

Excellent well prepared food; nice wait staff; recommend duck dishes; beer, wine, teas and saketinis (try the white pear ) Finally, do not miss the desserts.

1  Thank ralph p
Reviewed 30 August 2017

We went on a Tuesday so the place was not very busy. Service was excellent. The bouillabaise was very good so was the red fish. The food was very well presented.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

I attended a dinner her. I was skeptical because I have never had French Vietnamese fusion. It was an absolute delight of the senses. The restaurant is small but swanky. The ambiance was romantic. The service was attentive and the food just well presented and flavorful. I especially loved the pumpkin soup and the bread pudding. I will definitely return.

1  Thank emotionalbutterfly
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Fortunate to return from the gastronomic delights of Sydney NSW and a need for a celebratory dinner we decided to return to Restaurant BT's. How would this old favorite stand up against the taste bud memories of the Bridge-room (Sydneys third ranked) and Longrain......etc???
Inauspicious entry with many old faces sadly gone but glad to see Antoine who introduced us to Erin a new Windy City transplant. Immediately she conveyed a command of the menus and specials and hit that perfect line of professionalism but still warmly personable without being overbearing.
So to our old favorites of starters; Tuna Tai Chanh, Green Papaya Salad - Zing!!!! Taste buds ignite with explosion of subtle but distinct flavors - the sweetness and tenderness of the true sashimi grade big eye tuna, the nuttiness of the hearts of palm and just the perfect amount of after burn from the chillies and the sweet and sour of the pipetteful of freshly squeezed lime juice...aaahh.. Others have spoken eloquently of the Green Papaya Salad I rest my case....
Onto the entrees of (ordered days in advance) BTs secretly sourced Colorado rack of lamb.....as an ex pat Scotsman I know my lamb..... exquisitely cooked tender without tasting strong but sweet oh so sweet. The aus jus somehow pervaded by the soft flavor and scent of Rosemary...My wife went for the deconstructed special of lobster.....speechless...sorry readers..
We reflected long over our celebratory dinner on what was the outstanding uniquely distinguishing feature of our dining experience at BTs that night and other nights.
It was simply but critically the freshness of flavors...... eat your heart out Slanted Door, San Francisco, the Bridgeroom Sydney, Turtle Creek, Dallas, Kai, Phoenix etc etc
All presented in the most artistic BT style blending colors and textures of flowers, vegetables and herbs.
Tampa Bay residents, global friends Restaurant BT can hold its head high as a world class restaurant.
A true gastronomic orgasm!

2  Thank Celt1314

Been to Restaurant BT? Share your experiences!