“Whisk Yourself Away”
Review of Whisk

Whisk
Reserve with OpenTable
Whisk is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 107 Restaurants in South Miami
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sunset Drive & 74th Street
Description: Whisk Gourmet provides homestyle food using fresh, local, and organic ingredients. Come try Chef Carlos' contemporary American cuisine with Lo'Country influence. We welcome reservations but they are not required. Come on in!
Reviewed 3 January 2019

I am not even sure how I found out about this spot, but it does not matter. It was just awesome. Amy our server, said "Do you trust me?" She did not disappoint with her suggestions right down to the wine. The noise level was "comfortably loud" without being overbearing. You were able to have a conversation and not shout at the person with you. We enjoyed watching the kitchen staff work...quite the "well "greased" (no pun intended) cooking machine. The drawback...PARKING! Several of the businesses were closed the day we went, so we just parked "illegally". Other than that I will be back.

Date of visit: December 2018
Whisk G, General Manager at Whisk, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2019

Thank you for making our 2019 start with a smile! I'll share your positive feedback with Amy and all our staff. Hope to see you soon! Sincerely, Leila Eck

Reviewed 6 December 2018

What a great local restaurant. Young energetic and keen wait staff providing fine quality food from the kitchen.

Fine salads and interesting daily specials. Friday is burger day!

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed 1 December 2018

The first thing that made me smile at Whisk is the clean, comforting, fresh atmosphere of the restaurant. It feels somewhat like a home rather than a public eating place. The menu is not very extensive, but whatever is on the menu looks enticing. We each ordered a glass of white wine for dinner - Spanish and French - probably our choices, the wines were good, not excellent. The fried green tomato appetizer was fabulous - cooked perfectly, very tasty with the dressing. The cornbread appetizer was very good, nice extra with the scallion butter, although it would have been nice to get cornbread with the meal instead of a separate item. We ordered the BBQ pork chop and fried chicken for dinner. Both dishes were very good, complete with fixins. The portions were generous, really just right for the price. It tasted like the chef went light on the salt, which I thought was excellent, however, I the dishes lacked a sense of seasoning. The potatoes could have had a hint of chive, the green beans were heavy on bacon and the chicken while tender and moist, still felt like it was missing something, maybe something as simple as pepper in the batter. We got the bread pudding for dessert, which was truly very good, but again, still missing that je ne sais quoi to give it even the slightest extra mmmmmmm factor. As for service, just fine, although honestly, I think the wait staff could have been a tad more sincere and friendly. Maybe their style is to keep arms length so as not to bother customers, but I felt the arms length was maybe a bit too long, almost cool (as in not quite cold but almost). In spite of feeling somewhat underwhelmed, I think the comfort-food simplicity of the dishes and good taste of the natural food products, well presented, in a really comfortable atmosphere, were overall very good. Enjoy!

Reviewed 20 November 2018

We went early in the day for lunch and found the restaurant very clean
With a hip, young staff, service was very good. Prices a little high
But good food. Parking is a problem, so suggest you Uber or go early.

Reviewed 11 November 2018

Great food and good service. Creative dishes with generous portions. Full range including generous salads, sandwiches and entrees.