“Great Pizza, Friendly Atmosphere”
Review of Rico's Pizzeria

Rico's Pizzeria
Ranked #318 of 1,148 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 2 March 2017

On a recent vacation we visited Rico's with friends. Our friends are Italian and had recommended Rico's as a great local find. We dropped by one evening for pizza and salads and loved it!

The pizza was delicious. The crust was a delicious crusty, chewy type with plenty of toppings and great flavor. The salads were large. Our server was very friendly and made us feel like old friends.

We love to find fun little place like this that tourists normally wouldn't know about.

Kristin B, Guest Relations Manager at Rico's Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Thank you so much for the kind words, we are so glad you popped in to give us a try and even more thrilled you liked it so much. We appreciate your business!

Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

Sometimes great sometimes not.
When good it is great. When bad it's disappointing. Wait staff not great.
Could be a great neighborhood restaurant.

Reviewed 27 January 2017

I have tried and tried to find pizza I like in Florida.. I finely found it here !!! And it doesn't stop there the Calzones are to die for along with the pasta. Everything is very very good!!

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

I got caught up in thei advertisement that they're the best pizza South of Jersey. I'm pretty much a pizza snob so thought I'd give it a chance. I have found a number of places that only offer pies this place is fairly busy.. while I was there people called on the phone ordering food to pick up
It's a large eat-in restaurant...also offers wine and beer, it is a good-looking place
I ordered one slice..$2.75, it came quickly it was a large size very thin very cheesy
And was fairly good. I say it's better than a lot of Pizza in Sarasota. It wasn't perfect..
Something was missing...
Couldn't put my finger on it, maybe it's a certain Spice ..or the sauce but I'd say most people would be happy with this. (Unless of course you're looking for thick Doughy Pizza which it is not)
I will give it another try for pizza or one of their pasta dishes
they had a full menu of all different types of pastas and you could choose what ingredients to put in it and the prices seemed very doable and there was great variety. I thought the wine list was pricey considering the type of establishment .
It's in a good location parking is fine and there is extensive collection of desserts

Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

After having a few disappointing visits last year with both dine in and take outs this evening exceeded my expectations. The pizza was on point. The marinara sauce with my raviolis was the best I've had in over ten years. The focaccia bread was fresh and so delicious. I ordered for take out because I was exhausted after a pretty rough day, and wanted comfort food. The great food and warm professional service made my evening. Now I'm looking forward to going back once again for their pizza and garlic knots!!!

1  Thank Deirdre M