“The Best! Perfect NY Style Pizza and Fantastic Greek Salad - Sal's is Awesome”

Sal's Pizzeria And Pasta House
Ranked #170 of 1,148 Restaurants in Sarasota
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Description: Jersey style thin-crust pizzas and authentic home-made Italian cuisine. Casual, welcoming atmosphere with table or bar seating. Wine and Draft beers are served. Delivery service is available
Reviewed 22 October 2016

Sal himself is awesome and his food is so great. This place is a jewel. Sal knows what's up - he's low profile, laid back and makes it the best pizza in town. Try other places and you will always come back to this one. Lots of competition on the Key and in Gulf Gate for pizza but let me help you out and save yourself the disappointment that they don't compare with Sal. EVERYTHING is good and it's good EVERY TIME. Sal's equals consistency, quality, fair price and kind people who want your business and are happy to see you. We can't get enough of his classic plain pizza with extra cheese, cooked a little crispy. And I don't know what he puts in the balsamic vinaigrette dressing but it's so delicious you almost rather eat the salad than the pizza. You have to order both. When you live near the beach you get a lot of company and they're always hungry and they always want Sal's pizza. Everyone remembers how good it was and you will too. And they deliver. Thanks Sal!

2  Thank CNF1381

Reviewed 22 September 2016

Got a carryout for the first trial. Excellent pizza!!! Sauce really, really good. Very nice pepperoni and lots of it. Crust was unique and handmade in front of us. Friendly dudes and a quiet place to hang. Very strongly recommend.

1  Thank David B
Reviewed 16 September 2016

We tried Sal's pizza based on all the 5 star rave reviews but I can only give it 3 stars as decent pizza but nothing to set it apart from all the other pizza joints in town.

We ordered the 18" Supreme Pizza ( 5 toppings - pepperoni , mushrooms, onions, green peppers, and sausage). The pizza maker (Sal, I presume) was very friendly and did his did his dough tossing thing and made a nice looking pizza. The crust was not too thick and not to thin and not burnt. So far , so good. But the taste of the crust was rather bland but easy to chew and overall the pizza needed more cheese. I should have
ordered extra cheese. Overall, a decent pizza but not special enough for us to drive the extra 15 miles from our end of Sarasota to Gateway Avenue.

Reviewed 29 August 2016

Sal's is a small storefront in Gulf Gate with only about six tables. so don't come here for the ambiance! But if you want good pizza close to how it is made in Italy, this is the place. The pizza is very good and they do a heavy take-out business. The staff is friendly and the pries are quite reasonable. The pizza ingredients are first-rate! I wish they would expand so that it could be more of a dine-in place.

1  Thank giacomojim_13
Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

My wife and I live in South Sarasota and are always looking for new places to eat. We tried Sal's based on the incredible reviews. We were not disappointed. I had chicken cacciatore and my wife had manicotti. Excellent!! Plenty to eat. Dinners came with a nice side salad and a roll. Cost- $21 plus tax. Unbelievable. Pizza looked great. Can't wait to return.

1  Thank Richard D