See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

The worst hotel experience in my life, and I have stayed in many, we were stuck and although a platinum IHG member needed a place to stay because my 19 month old needed a break from the day, the staff needs a lesson in how to treat customers, I watched her handle 3 guests before me, and was just in shock.. not a hello, a hi, or how are you.. i'm just getting warmed up that's the small stuff, won't get to it all, that would require a small novel. Do not under any circumstances stay at this hotel, no matter how desperate, or how convenient the location to 'locations' appears to be.. I wou ld rather walk 5 miles pushing my daughter in a stroller from farther away than stay here, only good part is publix is next door, so made a couple of trips, first was for deodorizer and disinfectant, the second was for socks for my daughter and wife, because the carpet was so filthy their feet were turning black, if you walking into the bathroom tile you would leave a black soiled footprint on the floor. They completely false advertise on hotels.com.. the opening line is "our clean rooms" yeah that's a lie, they carved us 10.99 for a yellow foam roll-away bed that had been folded so long that the pillow inside had deformed the foam, the room smelled of musty cigarettes and or weed(who knows) even though room says no smoking on the door, and heck, hate to admit it, I am even a smoker and I could hardly stand it. The personality of the manager is what got me the most, just complete disdain for her patrons, maybe she is just burned out, who knows, bust she should not be in the service field whatsoever, I have owned a painting company for 13.5 years, I would have been out of business years ago just based on her attitude. I hope this helps, as my first negative review of any hotel ever, and I have stayed in the now torn down America's best in Frankfurt my, at least the owner was friendly, sometimes it is the little things, treating people with respect, after all they are why you are there.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Jason M
ABVISRQMANAGER, Public Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Downtown Sarasota, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Thank you for the the feedback. As mentioned on the other many websites you published this on, we offered a prompt refund to you. Although, you declined and decided to stay and we strived to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. We are sorry your stay was not a pleasant as that in "Frankfurt".

Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

I wouldn't pay $50 to board my dog here! I booked this hotel for a soccer tournament based on the pictures that were posted that clearly stated updated by manager 2017. When we arrived and walked in my daughter about gagged. I thought she was over exaggerating but when I walked in I said this in unacceptable and not what I booked! I went to the website took screen shots of the "suppose" rooms and pictures of out filthy, disgusting room and took them to the office and asked where the advertsted rooms were at and I was told a few were updated upstairs. I said well that's where we need to be moved and I was told no. I then continued to show our room to the lady who clearly didn't care and would t refund our money. We went to Publix and got bleach and a few cleaning supplies to clean the bathroom and the nasty tile throughout the room so that we wouldn't need a tetanus shot upon leaving the next morning. As we check out I again walk down to the office and ask the new lady in the office about where these advertised rooms were located and got a different answer that there was a few upstairs and a few downstairs so I proceeded to show her what we got and she says ohh they didn't do a very good job cleaning your room can I give you a $10 credit?? Are you freaking kiddding me lady? I spent more than $10 at Publix to clean that nasty room. Never again will I book a room based on pictures. This is not an American owned hotel either! I have contacted the BBB and also code enforcement l. That place needs to be turned into a parking lot.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank FISHINCHIC34

We offered a prompt return after you were unsatisfied with the room. You declined the refund and decided to stay in the room you disliked. We attempted provide the best customer service given your decision.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

We called on 3 different occasions on the same day and each time were told to call back in 10 minutes because they were in the middle of a transaction in their system and could not help us. Without even knowing what our question or issue.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Elizabeth A

We are sorry you were unable to reach us. We do not condone this type of service. Please be advised we will addressed this immediately.

Reviewed 14 March 2018

The hotel was clean and close to all downtown areas. There is a grocery store across the street and a couple of restaurants nearly on the property. The pool was clean and a nice temperature. Staff were friendly and helpful when needed. The breakfast was minimal, yet free. If you wanted more you could walk a few feet away to one of the restaurants.

Stayed: March 2018

Thank you for the positive remarks. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 12 March 2018

This hotel is very old and smelled like urine. Stayed on 2nd floor. First room we were in smelled bad of urine, so we asked to be moved to another room and it was just as bad!! Had to go buy a fan for the window, air fresheners and spray Febreeze to freshen the air. Toilet was wobbly. No bugs, thank goodness. Breakfast was not much of a breakfast. Boxed cereal and toast. OJ and coffee. I will say the staff was courteous through all this. Don't waste your money!!

Room Tip: Lower level rooms are tiled floors.
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linda J

Thank you for the review and feedback.