“Please get some real breads!”
Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #103 of 981 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: French, International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 22nd Ave N
Description: For more than 25 years, The Melting Pot has been offering artisan cheeses, freshly made salads, customizable entrées, and decadent chocolates to fondue lovers from our location in Old Northeast St. Pete. No matter what you crave, we have something for everyone in our bubbling pots of fondue goodness. Once the home of famous wood carver Earl Gresh, our St. Petersburg location can host any size party. Bring your friends and your appetite, and we’ll take care of the rest! Along with our classic fondue creations, we are also proud to offer another choice for our hungry patrons. We are cooking up a new type of entrée option- our FonDONE™ small plate options. You choose from more than 17 choices and let us handle the cooking, grilling, and searing. All you need to worry about is choosing which artisan cheese to use for dipping!
Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

Cheese fondue was fantastic. The dipping breads were mediocre; bland & slightly stale, toasting them might’ve livened them up.

Salads were cold & crispy. The house salad had a lot of good things going on, topped w sliced egg. I don’t know why any one would put candied pine-nuts on a Caesar.

The entree was good, all proteins were very fresh & flavorful, especially the shrimp.

We always enjoy wine flights, so that nice touch.

I wish I could give 4 stars as the service was fantastic.

For future visits, I would stick w the cheese & chocolate pots.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Such a great experience!! Service and food was great!! Was here on vacation and loved the experience!!! So glad we came here, left with full bellies and had a great time!!! The ambiance was very nice as well

Reviewed 15 June 2018

I'm sure customer satisfaction is a high priority! Admittedly it's been over a year since my friends took me there for my birthday. I was extremely skeptical about going anywhere as I'm severely limited in my food choices. I'm allergic to garlic and onion, have Celiac's, and am intolerant to many other foods. The crew in St. Pete were attentive and caring. The chef insisted on making a broth to meet my needs, and somehow managed to make it tasty, too! I highly recommend the St. Pete Melting Pot. They truly care about the well being, AND HAPPINESS, of their customers.

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

This was absolutely the worst Melting Pot experience ever. First of all, it took us 50 min to get our drinks (including water), then one of our cheese burners would not heat up (but by the time our waiter came back, it was too late to tell him, our dessert chocolate was too thin, the acoustics were terrible and it was so loud we could not hear ourselves talk, we let them know we were celebrating my son’s graduation and departure for bootcamp (which they never even mentioned), but the real fun came when they refused to split our bill two ways, failed to bring my mom’s credit card back, then called us (after we had gotten ALL the way back to Riverview) to tell us.

Steve N, General Manager at The Melting Pot, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Mrs. Teacher68,

I am so very sorry to hear about your poor experience at the Melting Pot. I remember taking your reservation from your son going to boot camp. I would very much like to speak to you about the dining experience you had. Please call me at the restaurant at your convenience. Again, I am very sorry about the poor experience you had.

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

This melting pot is small facility. An older building, designed in the old world architecture. The interior reflects its age. A renovation is needed.

The service was mediocre. Initial drinks were sporadic. Had to ask the head server to check on half our parties drink. Food was brought out before everyone had their drinks.

There is no sound absorption. It is very loud. You can barely hear the people at your table. Dinner conversation is pretty much impossible. Does require a great deal of shouting.

The Melting Pot is not cheep. For the amount you pay, you would expect a better experience.

I would not use this location again.

Rlang66,

I am very sorry you did not enjoy your evening at The Melting Pot. Please give me a call at the restaurant. at your convenience so we might try to make this right for you. I am glad you enjoyed the look of the old world architecture but you are right, as a trade off it can get a little loud in here when we are busy. We hope you will give us another chance to earn your business and on that visit we will be sure to find you a quiet booth.