“Excellent Thai food, Good Sushi”

Lanna Thai Restaurant
Ranked #203 of 981 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 December 2016

The strength of this restaurant is its Thai food. It's various currys and sauces are delicious. We also love their vegetable soup. The snapper is as good as have tasted anywhere. The sushi is good but they have very few specialty rolls - however the preparation and taste is veery consistent everytime we go.

Reviewed 7 November 2016

We hadn’t been to Lanna since they made the move from Tyrone Blvd to Park St. So we were about due. Everything was very, very good as we had remembered. And the value was excellent.

We were there early, so we qualified for the early bird. That meant that any entrée included some soup and an egg roll. The soup was a nice chicken rice and the egg roll was delicious.

For our entrees we had a very good Pad Thai with Shrimp and a delicious Chicken with Ginger on Rice. Both dishes left us with plenty to take home.

Service was friendly and fast. The only negative was a very unpleasant smell that we noticed upon our arrival. Maybe it was because they had just opened and they had been doing some cleaning. But it was almost enough to turn us back.

We enjoyed our meal and we will return.

Reviewed 3 November 2016

This is a really special restaurant. The servers are dressed in the authentic Thailand costumes. The inside of the restaurant is decorated beautifully and to top it off the food is fantastic.

Reviewed 25 July 2016

This is a restaurant I have gone to for a number of years in two locations. They moved from one place to another a few years ago and for me it was for the better. This current location is closer to where I live and easier to get in and out of with traffic. The restaurant itself is very charming and the people who work there are very kind and helpful. I do not eat really spicy food so I always ask for mine to be mild and have always had good meals. I have never eaten anything there I wish I had not tried. Everything is always good and it is always clean. I have been there for lunch and dinner and have never had a reason to complain. Meals are fairly priced for the amount of food you get and it is delicious. My last dinner was the last week in June.

Reviewed 16 June 2016

When Lanna Thai was at their previous location on Tyrone Boulevard several years ago I would not have been able to say anything negative; that, however, is no longer the case.

Unfortunately, the other evening, two of our favorite Asian restaurants were closed, one for a regular night off and the other closed for vacation. Because we were with hungry visitors from out of town and were close to Lanna Thai we decided to visit again. I say again because we have been there on a number of occasions; for which most of them we had some sort of negative experience. The decor is lovely and the food is good but we have found the service significantly lacking, to the point we hesitated to bring our friends there. Again, we made a mistake and it will not happen again. I could go on and on with particulars, long waits for food, curt and rude waitresses in particular, not being told when items weren't available until other food was served. It's too bad because the decor is lovely and the food when it's served is good. I hate writing a negative review but I felt this was necessary.