“Can’t beat the view, the food, or the service!”

Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille - St. Pete
Reserve a table
Sun, 28/02
20:00
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Description: Located at the base of the downtown St. Pete Pier! Doc Ford’s St. Pete is as stunning as it is delicious. With inside and outside views of both downtown St. Pete, and Tampa bay, there’s a seat in the house for everybody. Enjoy the sea-breeze on the seawall while enjoying a couple Doc Ford’s Mojitos and Yucatan Shrimp!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Honestly one of my favorite places. Lisa, Aimee, and Bernie will make your experience unforgettable!

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (852)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This newest member of the SW Florida Doc Ford’s chain is located on the new St. Pete Pier and the setting is simply beautiful. unfortunately the food is terrible. More like poorly prepared fast food than a good dining experience.
For apps our party shared: Tuna over Thai noodles which was decent; chicken wings with hot sauce which were simply fried wings with hot sauced dumped over them; and fried calamari which were over breaded.
My spouse had a grouper sandwich which is a staple on the gulf coast and she said it was the worst one she ever was served. i had the 1/2 chicken with chimichurri sauce, it was over cooked as the skin had a tough leathery consistency and the meat was dry as were the accompaniments. While our two compatriots had salads, neither looked very good and neither was finished by the diners.
I cannot fathom why it is the #1 rated restaurant on this site for St. Pete, other than it is tourists who are enthralled by the stunning views of the location and care not a whit about the quality of the food and service. As for the service, while it was pleasant, after the waiter took our order and the server brought our apps I had to ask both for utensils as neither had deemed to bring any to the table.
We obviously will not be dining here again, though I might go for a drink, just for the views.

Date of visit: February 2021
Doc Ford, Owner at Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille - St. Pete, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

We do apologize for the inconvenience you endured while visiting our restaurant and these actions will be addressed. We strive in creating a standard of excellence in the quality of our food as well as our service, we're sorry that wasn't the case for you this time. We hope you're willing to give us another chance!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Ash served us this evening and did an amazing job being attentive, friendly, and providing great suggestions for what to eat. Next time I'm in St. Pete, I'll be back for a bite.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Afternoon on the sunny deck, excellent food and service from Diane! The view was gorgeous as we had the black bean dip and the Yucatán shrimp, what a sauce! Next time will save room for the carrot cake.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was our first trip to Doc Ford's restaurant and we were very pleasantly surprised with everything. The food was delicious. We ordered the Fried Calamari which was one of the best we have every eaten, and a very large portion. Big enough for 4 people as an appetizer. I ordered the Yucatan Shrimp Tacos, which the server said was their biggest seller. I asked if it was spicy hot and she said a little so I ordered the sauce on the side. Well, the sauce was hot for my liking but I just dabbed a little on the tacos and they were delicious. They were so big that I ended up taking one home. My husband ordered the Shrimp Scampi Flatbread. It too was a large portion and very tasty!

Our server Stephanie was very attentive and gracious. She recommended some of the bar drinks and I went with the Doc Fords Mojito. All I can say is OMG! It was amazing and I especially liked that $1 of the sale goes to a Children's Hospital charity.

After all this food we had no room for dessert and took home 2 "ToGo" boxes!

We will certainly be back! I highly recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: January 2021