“DELICIOUS!!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 10 March 2018

This restaurant had very casual outside seating. We ordered the smoked Mahi Mahi with coleslaw and potato salad and it was absolutely DELICIOUS!!! My husband and I were very impressed!

Reviewed 7 March 2018

Some St. Pete friends took us to Ted Peters with a promise of some interesting grub and boy were they right. This place serves up platters of smoked Florida seafood in ample portions. The German potato salad made an interesting side dish. We skipped the fish platter and tried the smoked fish dip which was great. Our meal choice was the cheeseburgers which were cooked to perfection. Beer and wine are available and you eat it all outdoors right by the highway. Cash only but there's a gas station ATM across the street.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

I have been intending to go to Ted Peters every time I’ve been in St Petersburg but I’ve been there on Tuesday when they’re closed. I finally made it and am glad I did. I had the mackerel plate but was informed that they only had the lunch portion available so I ordered it. 3/4 of a pound of fish. I doubt that I could finish the 1 pound dinner portion. It was amazing. I also had the potato salad, served warm. Also excellent. Service was great, fast and friendly. Cash only. I would go back next time in St Pete

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

What a great place to eat. Start with fresh smoked fish (the smoker is in a separate building about 50 feet away), add German potato salad as a side and unlimited refills on their drinks. I have wanted their a few times and I loved the mullet and salmon but thought the mahi mahi was dry and did not have the same flavors as the other fish. Part of the joy of eating their is the presentation of the mullet—it looks huge on the plate. I really enjoy the dining area but some people may want something a little more upscale. Basically, it is kind of like a drive in, open air restaurant, next to a busy highway. I like its charm and the food is the best. Try the mullet!

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

If you want delicious smoked fish, than this is the place to go. Parking is awful during lunch because it is so crowded and they have a very small parking area but it is well worth the hassle. Picnic table eating outside. I have never been in the inside area. Lunch portion is more than enough. You get a whole half of a large size fish. You might get a few tiny bones but when we went this time, both my husband and I had no bones. They have 4 different fish to choose from. It is smoked on the premises. The dinner portion. Is the whole fish. They also have other food, if someone doesn't want smoked fish. I did see someone eating a hamburger, I believe. You can also buy smoked fish to take home but that is sold by the pound. It is well worth the trip.