Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort
Americas Best Value Inn St. Augustine Beach(Saint Augustine Beach)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$161
Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn(Saint Augustine Beach)(Great Value!)
US$159
Ascend Collection Castillo Real(Saint Augustine Beach)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$144
AscendHotels
US$143
GardenInn.com
La Fiesta Ocean Inn & Suites(Saint Augustine Beach)
US$136
Hotels.com
Quality Inn & Suites(Saint Augustine Beach)
US$65
Super 8 St. Augustine Beach(Saint Augustine Beach)
US$70
Hotels.com
Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine Beach(Saint Augustine Beach)(Great Value!)
US$134
  • Pool
The Beach Club at St Augustine(Saint Augustine Beach)
1,162 results
All reviewsfifth floorpet friendly roomoceanfront rooman older hotelbeach accessaugustine beachthe room was nicegreat poolst augustinetikiadampetslinensmicrowavesunrisehousekeeperflorida
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We arrived after dark in total confusion as the hotel name we booked was not to be found anywhere. The front desk told us the name changed " a few weeks ago".
The bad:
1. You leave the lobby building and the rooms are behind this building. No biggie, read further.
2. The elevator is broken near the lobby. Must use ancient elevator in back of building
3. Every entrance to the "rooms" building says you must use key to enter. Never once. All doors accessible at any time. In fact, sometimes propped open. No security. Just take the signs down!
4. We finally arrive at our room, exhausted and notice our door is not pulled shut. I look behind me and see room across from us the same way? weird and kind of spooky at this time of night after seeing anyone can enter building. I called front desk and they came up, pulled door shut across hall and told me housekeeping was overwhelmed and didnt close doors. hmmm.. ok.
5. next morning, we get up. Only one towel provided. We make due with hand towels.
6. we go to lobby to get more towels. literally told, "they are in the dryer, we will add you to the list, but there are many rooms in front of you" What??
7. We never get the towels, but wake up next am needing to be out by 8 so we could make our next destination. I call down to front to tell them I NEED the towels. Just 2, please. We need to get on the road. Bev tells me that she will try to round some up. Seriously? She calls me back and says she found two towels and can I come down to the desk to get them as she is only one there. When I pause, because I am so SHOCKED, she says to meet her half way. I kid you not. So, I leave my 15 yr old daughter in the bed. Put on my sweatpants and sweatshirt over my pajamas. Pull the door ALL the way shut and head to the other freaking building. Now, I must take three flights of stairs because remember the elevator on that side of building is broken. I go out side, enter the lobby building in the back. Go to front desk. No one. A man comes up and asks my disheveled self if I need help. Exasperated bc obviously Bev never met me HALF way, I tell him. "I just need towels. Please. Two of them." He says, "hold on" He goes over to the country table/ china curio looking thing. Bends down and pulls towels out of it and says" We hoard the towels in here" O.M.G. SO, I head back outside, up the 3 flights of stairs and as I put my key in I peer all the way down to the end of the hall where the working elevator is and hear Bev say," oh, I just dropped off the towels there!" She sounded helpful, but was covering for the fact that she was absolutely rude to my 15 yr old daughter as she knocked angrily over and over as she got dressed to answer the door! I am assuming she was angry that we didnt FIND each other HALF WAY! She should have told me she was walking all the way to the other side of the building to the working elevator I guess??? Bev may not be the right person in a customer service role.

This sounds petty...it is not. If a hotel cannot get TOWELS right, the place is falling apart.

The good?
St Augustine Beach. Beautiful.
The pool is nice.
The location is nice.

If you are not ready to open, then don't. If you are doing some soft opening..then charge me soft opening rates. This was hands down the worst hotel experience I have ever had. I am still shaking my head. Security needs looked at immediately. This is bad form in today's world.

Security and towels. Basics. This hotel is not ready to be operating. Hire more people, put processes in place, and go back to basics. That pretty lobby and bar will not bring people back.

Hoping the higher ups and those representing the Guy Harvey name will be reading here.......send help now.

I booked through Priceline. Will also be emailing them today as well. I trusted their site to deliver when I arrived. They need to know about this situation

Room Tip: Bottom floor consisted of barking dogs. those are the pet rooms!
  • Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank mbeach
Kenneth R, Director of Sales at Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Good afternoon,
Well, I am not going to write a bunch of excuses as to what happened because it all sounds so petty after experiencing what you did along with all our other guests over the dates of your stay. I sincerely apologize. You know the old saying, when it rains it pours? This is hat happened over that weekend, and then it hailed. I apologize you had to experience it. It is certainly not our management team manages a hotel nor it will be this way in the future. Much of what you mentioned is already corrected, not that it should have been an issue to begin with. I sincerely hope you'll try us again. I will personally see to a great stay.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I just returned from The Holiday Isle/Guy Harvey Resort. It’s a mess! Only one elevator was working during our stay and even housekeeping was complaining saying they got paid by the hour so if they had to sit and wait on the elevator all day, they didn’t care. First of all, where’s the service elevator??? We did stay in an updated room, but the carpet was filthy, the shower door didn’t close and the shower drain didn’t drain and threatened to overflow all over the bathroom. The walls are paper thin and you can hear EVERYTHING going on in the next door rooms and in the hall.
On a positive note, the location of the hotel can’t be beat and I suspect this is the only reason people are staying here! The beach is clean and gorgeous and the beach chair and the umbrella company were warm, friendly and accommodating! The bartenders were wonderful as well since we had to wait 2 hours for our room to be cleaned. Check-in wasn’t until 4:00 (an hour past most hotel check-ins) and we still had to wait over an hour after that. Safety norms were not in place either! Doors had signs that said, “Must use room key to enter” and the doors were wide open the entire time!
This is NOT a resort in anyway, shape or form! Do yourself a favor and go someplace else.

Stayed: April 2018
2  Thank Robyn N

My apologies for your less than satisfactory stay. Our elevator is an issue and we are moving as fast as we can we alleviate these issues. As with anything mechanical, it will give service problems. Regarding the other comments, I wish you had called so we could have addressed any issues during your stay. We could have made your stay acceptable had we known. Your got your room at our check-in time, 4:00pm, and I'm happy you could enjoy a few libations at the pool. Please do give us another try as we work through our new opening and finalize the fixes.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Guy harvey has came such along way since my last trip to Florida with all the upgrades and renovations but most of all with the staff my family and I had housekeeper Sarah she was the best I have ever seen she took such great care of us and was so friendly and helpful and we all want to say thanks for making this trip so much more enjoyable hope to see Sarah on next trip wont even wait till next year now since she made it so great thanks again Sarah and Guy Harvey resort

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank mollysmithfield

Thank you Molly for the great review. We agree, Sarah is a great asset to our team. Lots more good changes happening so please visit us again soon. All the best.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This place is great and has come alone way since my last visit and will definitely be coming back my housekeeper Ms Sarah was amazing she is super nice and will make you day great she is so helpful and makes it worthwhile to stay here im so glad to find people like her keep it up Sarah and thank you hope to see you next time

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank tomgreen19831

Thank you so much for your review. I will certainly give kudos to Sarah for a good job, she is a fantastic member of our team. Come back soon as we continue to add many new facets to the resort.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Well, our trip started off confusing..we had booked at Holiday Isle... and there is no mention of that name anywhere. It would have been helpful to have both names on the signs for a bit. The lobby building looks . Like a store. Even when we went in, we still weren't sure we were inn the right place to check in. The lobby is nice, but not really like a hotel. I feel like the rebranding/reopening was probably a little premature... it seems like the hotel is understaffed, and that the employees are a little scattered... not great for spring break. It seems like "the look" of the rebranding may have superseded training or staffing. We stayed for 3 nights the last week of March, and while our room was a comfortable oceanfront room, and the beach access was very convenient, it seemed like some of the room remodel finishes were a bit rushed and a little lacking in detail. There is still lots of confusion between the two brands... all the hotel info in the rooms is about the last brand... not convenient when you are trying to see what the bar menu is. The bar/restaurant was ok. Again, it was clear that staff is learning on the job and a little confused. The bar didn't have things like drink menus, and what they had was limited because "they had just opened" lighting for outdoor seating was not yet installed. Housekeeping left a little to be desired... we had left the note for breeding to be changed and it wasn't. Coffee was not restocked. One day a bath towel left on the floor was guns back up by housekeeping, and empty toilet paper rolls were left empty without replenishment. When we called down they were quick with bringing up materials. Not sure this has the makings of a "resort" but it could be a nice beachfront hotel with some training and staffing.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Carolyn W

Thank you Carolyn for your comments. You are correct, we are making the re-branding change currently and each item in the hotel must be taken into account. So little items such as guest directories, certain signage and many other items get changed as we take delivery. I appreciate your comments and hope you'll be back to enjoy all the new amenities and activities we will have awaiting you.