Howard Johnson Inn - Historic ST. Augustine FL
Jaybird's Inn(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$138
US$128
US$236
US$217
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort(Saint Augustine Beach)
US$110
US$198
US$170
Hampton.com
Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn(Saint Augustine Beach)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$130
US$208
US$199
Autograph
  • Restaurant
Southern Oaks Inn(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
US$84
Ascend Collection Castillo Real(Saint Augustine Beach)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$149
AscendHotels
La Fiesta Ocean Inn & Suites(Saint Augustine Beach)
US$136
1,550 results
All reviewsfountain of youthroom was cleantrolley stopsred trainan older hotelold townwithin walking distancewould stay againhistoric downtownyogurtsenatoroakattractionsratesflorida
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We booked this online as we wanted a last minute vacation. I am thankful we were able to find a place to stay with such short notice. I like that this is a motel style place - only one floor. You can drive right up to you room which makes unpacking convenient. However, our room is pretty dilapidated and there is mold in the bathroom. If I hadn't already paid for the room, we would have left and gone home if necessary. The carpet is stained and there is an indistinct smell that my husband says smells like menthol cigarettes. I feel like we paid way too much for something this run down. It is close to old town, which is nice, but still not worth it. I won't book this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Hojo_Manager1235, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn - Historic ST. Augustine FL, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you Brooke for your valued feedback. I'm so sorry to hear that you felt our hotel was sub par. We are all one level hotel and you can easily drive up to your rooms and park right in front. Also we are only 5 minutes walk from the fort. Mold in the bathroom is not acceptable and we will get this fixed right away. Please email me at raj.gaikwad@saphotels.com so we can get all the issues fixed. I want apologize on behalf of all my team members for falling short of your expectations.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The room was disgusting. Carpets were filthy and would leave your feet black. Mold all over the bathroom. No water pressure in bathroom sink. Room smelled like smoke. One of the worst rooms I've ever been in. Immediately called another hotel and we moved the next morning. I wouldn't have stayed that night if I could have received a refund and left. Don't ever stay here unless you check the room first. It was really bad. Won't be staying there ever again. Plenty of places elsewhere to stay that are much better. We didn't eat the breakfast. We just wanted to leave.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Hojo_Manager1235, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn - Historic ST. Augustine FL, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you Leon for your review. Please reach out to me at raj.gaikwad@saphotels.com so we can get this fixed. I'm so sorry for the experience and I do hope to hear from you so we can handle the issue.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We booked a queen room, but received a courtesy upgrade to #113, a king room. The room was clean and fresh, though not fancy. The location is removed from the hubbub of downtown, so not for those who wish to be in the center of it all, but it's an easy 10-15 minute walk away. The Old Senator, a historic 600 year old tree is in the heart of the complex and a stop on the trolley tours! We found the staff pleasant and attentive, and the breakfast, though billed as continental, included much more, like waffle makers. The motel has obviously been around for a while and has a somewhat classic motel look, but the grounds were tidy and maintained.

Room Tip: Rooms facing The Old Senator tree are noisier due to it being on the trolley tour route.
  • Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple

Thank you Nancy for leaving us a feedback. We always want all our guests to have a pleasant experience during their stay. I'm happy we were able to give you an upgrade to a king room and that you enjoyed your room. We offer continental breakfast but have a lot more than just breads and bagels and it is actually the size of a full breakfast. Also on the weekends we offer hot items on the menu as well. We are looking forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Having read the reviews after I booked I considered cancelling but stuck with it. Our room (172) was basic but totally fine. Wooden look floor and a new bathroom. All clean and tidy. A bit scruffy around the edges but nothing like the dirty rooms we'd read about. The bed was comfortable. Basic furnishings and a decent TV though it did spookily come on evry few hours on it's own. I kid you not. The A/C was old and clanky. It was very noisy but did cool the room. The REAL problem was outside our door in the dark and gloomy entrance, see photo. In what became an 'echo chamber' someone has thoughtlessly placed a large ice maker (and an un-installed and seemingly abandoned washer and dryer for company). The noise of folk stocking up on ice was insane. When I first heard it I thought they were in our room! Apparently ice is essential to survive the night at this HoJo. The last collection was around 1:30am. Each time sounded like a 45 second rock slide as the cubes clattered into the plastic bucket. For good measure around 6:45am the room changing crew arrived with square wheels and trolley loaded down with noisy items that all crashed together as the jumped around over the uneven floor. Next doors TV was only slightly drowned out by the lady two doors down coughing up a lung about every 10 minutes after she woke up (or was bought back to life). Breakfast was exciting. Bring your own coffee cup. The styrofoam ones on offer are slightly larger than a thimble. To be fair there was a an okay selection for a motel. Checkout took an age as the three ladies ahead of us wanted to purchase trolly tickets which involved drivers licenses and forms to be filled and printed by the lady behind the front desk.They each then dug around in bags and purses for credit cards apparently surprised some form of payment might be needed to complete the transaction. 172 is fine inside but bring an eye shade (did I mention the light shining in the room all night?). And ear plugs. What ever you do don't forget your ear plugs.

Room Tip: Get a room far far away from the ice makers and one that has been updated.
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank duncanhume

Thank you Duncanhume for the review. We appreciate your feedback. I'm so sorry you were assigned the room next to ice machine and had to hear it all night. Unfortunately, we did not have any other rooms to assign as we were sold out. Will definitely take a look at the AC in that room and swap it out.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stay else where. Room smelled, black mold in the bathroom that was painted over but is showing again. The price was ridiculous for the condition of the room. Location was good and that was it. Boo HJ!

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family

Thank you William for writing us a review. I'm so sorry for the experience you had. Please email me at raj.gaikwad@saphotels.com so we can handle this issue in the correct manner. I'm hoping to hear from you and resolve the issue you had. Thank you!