“Delicious seafood pasta!”
Review of La Pentola

La Pentola
Reserve with OpenTable
La Pentola is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #73 of 644 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 20 February 2016 via mobile

I wanted to go somewhere special for our last night of vacation in Saint Augustine. We had the red Sangria $40 for a pitcher which gave us about 7 glasses. It was the best Sangria we had on our trip! I had the seafood pasta which was a special. It had a brandy cream sauce that was SO GOOD. He had blackened chicken with pasta Alfredo and said it was delicious. The gorganzola salad dressing was especially rich and flavorful. The ambiance was upscale. The owner (I think) thanked us on our way out which was nice. We'd go here again.

Reviewed 18 February 2016

The St. Augustine historic district is jammed with bars, sandwich shops, pizza places, fish places and burger bars. La Pentola sets the dining experience bar a little higher. The food and the presentation of that food is upscale by my standards. This restaurant was chosen by our tour company for the closing banquet of the tour. We probably wouldn't have gone there otherwise but I'm glad we did. The food was fresh and served quickly which is saying something for a large group. My only complaint would be that it was quite noisy.

Reviewed 15 February 2016

Both the chicken and veal piccatta were excellent. House made sangria was also very good. small restaurant but there is outside seating when the weather is nice. Great wait staff

Reviewed 9 February 2016

On a positive note, I thought that the service was very good at La Pentola. We ate at this restaurant on a Friday night, and I was surprised that the restaurant was nearly half empty, considering that it was the First Friday Art Walk. I ordered the Osso Busco as my entree and my husband had a steak tenderloin. He said that his meal was very good. I didn't think my meat had any flavor.... tasted much lot a pot roast high in fat. Needless to say, I had a stomach ache an hour after we left the restaurant. I originally wanted to order something more traditionally Italian, but the menu did not offer much in pastas.

Reviewed 6 February 2016

I went with my wife for our date night. We each had a slightly different experience food-wise. I ordered the French Onion soup to start, which was good, but I wouldn't say it stood out. They had a pretty decent wine selection, which we both enjoyed. For our entree's, my wife ordered the Veal Picatta and I ordered the Fettuccini Alfredo with blackened shrimp. This was a first for my wife, so please take that into consideration, she found the entree to have too many capers, a little too lemony, and far too salty. For my Fettuccini Alfredo, it's was above average. Pasta was cooked al dente, the sauce was wonderfully rich and creamy. My only complaint was towards the end (bottom?), it leaned to the overly salty side. However, the blackened shrimp were exquisite, cooked to perfection. I plan to visit again.