“Birthday request”

Columbia Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Columbia Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #69 of 623 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Cuban, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Family-owned and operated for more than 113 years, Columbia has earned acclaim for its old-world charm and award-winning Spanish/Cuban cuisine and wine list. Join us for century-old family recipes like Paella "a la Valenciana," Filet Mignon and fresh seafood specialties. Don't miss Columbia's Original "1905" Salad(R), prepared tableside with our delicious, freshly-made dressing, a family recipe of fresh garlic, oregano, wine vinegar and Spanish extra virgin olive oil. Be sure to sample a fine Spanish wine like Montecillo or Campillo. Relax in our courtyard or Mediterranean-style dining rooms, filled with hundreds of hand-painted tiles and Spanish-style fountains. We are a sister to the Columbia in Tampa's Ybor City, founded in 1905. Children's menu available. Casual attire is fine, but we don't allow sleeveless shirts on men. Open 365-days a year, including all holidays. Please visit our website for the most current menu listings.
Reviewed 4 April 2018

I wanted to have lunch at the Columbia restaurant in St. Augustine for my birthday. Since it was a Tuesday, we did not rush to get there when it opened for the day, but arrived about 12:30 instead. We had a 45 to 60 minute wait!!!!! You are given a device that signals when it is your turn to be seated, so you can wander a bit. As usual, our meals were very good! I ordered my favorite of 1905 salad and gazpacho and my husband chose a Cuban sandwich and soup. The Cuban bread you are served while you wait for your meal is warm and delicious. I called ahead to find the address for the parking lot that is free for Columbia patrons and am glad I did because it is hidden in the narrow streets near the restaurant. It was a perfect lunch for my celebration!

Write a ReviewReviews (5,043)

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We had reservation but they gave us a buzzer. After 40 minutes we checked. They had overlooked us. They immediately sat us. We waited another 30 minutes and no waitress. We stopped the hostess, explained and the manager appeared. He became our server, order taken and food was delivered promptly. We took advantage of the tapas samplers, ordering shrimp, scallops, empanadas, queso fundido, crab and calamari. Everything was delious. The keylime pie was a great ending. We were glad we waited and recommend you try it when in St. Augustine.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Wonderful food and service. We enjoyed everything we ordered from the menu. Beans cakes and empanadas are very tasty. Leave room for flan!

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I love the Colombia and its famous 1905 Salad. I have tried to duplicate it at home & it's not the same as being there. The black bean & rice soup is always good. I like that at lunch you can get combos of soup & 1905 salad -OR- get it with their Cuban sandwich. It was all so delicious along with their hot bread that you get once you order.
I took my kids for the first time & they had an appropriate kids menu (chicken fingers, Mac-n -cheese, etc). They also had a great word search to keep them occupied. We were seated near the fountain, which was very pretty & the kids liked that as well.
Parking was stamped & verified & therefore free in the lot next to the restaurant. This was helpful when in downtown St. Aug.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We recently had dinner at the Columbia restaurant during our first night in St. Augustine. Reservations are highly recommended as the restaurant is centrally located and is pretty busy.
The architecture is beautiful. Our server was very nice and professional. The food was good.