“Average Food Average Service”

Butterfields Southern Cafe
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Let me start off by saying the staff is very friendly. With that being said there is definitely room for improvement. I asked for iced coffee and they gave me hot coffee with ice cubes... not the same. I asked if I could substitute bacon for a fruit cup on a kid’s meal and she said no I would have to purchase the big fruit bowl instead. It’s the little things like that that separate average from good. Overall the food wasn’t bad but I can’t say that I’m in a rush to return.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Horrible Business! They catered a large event for me and I stopped by to pay the manager on the agreed day we had set up. I was 7 minutes late (because I was tutoring at school) and they told me to leave their restaurant and they would no longer cater for me! I couldn’t believe it! Apparently they got confused with the days because I came to pay on the exact day we agreed on (my messages with them prove this). When I questioned their extremely rude and senseless remarks, they threatened to call the police if I didn’t leave the restaurant! I have never been so amazed at anything in my entire life. I obviously questioned their unprofessional and extremely rude behavior and explained that I have nobody else to cater for my event and they eventually did cater. The food ended up being dry and I was not pleased with the result. Shortly after the event I called to speak with the manager to express my concern and he wouldn’t even listen and hung up on me! When you walk into a restaurant and get waited on and eat your food, you rarely know what type of person the manager is. But now you know that this business is managed by extremely unprofessional and rude people who do not care about their customers at all! I still can’t believe how poorly I was treated as a paying customer and could not even express my concerns without being hung up on. Worst business ever!!!

Reviewed February 4, 2018

We went for the Prime Rib dinner special. Good choices of soup or salad and good choices of sides. I had the New England clam chowder. It was thin and lukewarm. Sent it back and it came back hot.
A huge slab of prime rib arrived. Ordered medium rare, it came out looking well done, but that was just the surface. The interior was medium rare, but again, lukewarm. I did not send it back for fear of having the meat overcooked. The baked potato come out hot but not quite cooked enough. The star of the meal was the creamy cucumber salad. It was tangy and tasty.
The brownie for dessert was very good.
Service was adequate.
Butterfields is testament to the fact that you can get good food or cheap food, not both. I would have preferred good to cheap.

Reviewed December 28, 2017

This was recommended to me by family members who live in the area. Great choice! We happened to hit it mid-afternoon so there were very few patrons. Still had an excellent lunch with an attentive staff, even though they were prepping for dinner service. I opted for the southern fried chicken and would definitely order it again.

Reviewed September 27, 2017 via mobile

We all met here for their Sunday Brunch as we were in town for our annual family reunion. It's a beautiful restaurant fitted for upscale dining. All foods were prepared with excellence and well presented. The only disappointment I had was the prime rib was somewhat tough. Everyone enjoyed their meal and I would like to think that we could come back again sometime in the future.