“Not enough time”

Dickey's Barbecue Pit
Ranked #45 of 157 Restaurants in Riverview
Reviewed 4 April 2018

My husband and I had to wait at least ten minutes before a wait staff approached us for our drink order. We were about to leave when the server approached us. The meal took forever to arrive. Don't go there if you are hungry or non-white. They will just ignore you hoping that you will leave so they don't have to serve you. Yes, this attitude still exist especially in small cities.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

This is mostly a take-away place. There are some tables inside and some outside but most of the clients I saw were taking lunch with them.

I got a to-go order. A whole slab of ribs for two of us for dinner. For lunch, my wife had a pulled pork sandwich and I had a kielbasa. Both were excellent. Come supper time we had the ribs. Very good. I'm not a fan of dry rubbed but these get a shot of sauce when they came out of the smoker. That gave them the moisture they needed. The bean sides were very good also.

Not a cheap place. The full rack was $25 and, with the sandwiches and sides, the total was a bit over $50. Still not horrible for two meals for two people.

Give it a shot.

1  Thank John K
Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

We both ordered the sliced brisket plate. The wife’s wasn’t sliced. He offered to replace. She agreed to take. As I watched mine being sliced same thing happened. Just lots of little pieces - fat & all. If you can’t cut thick enough to slice, don’t offer it on the menu. The wife’s cabbage slaw and my BBQ beans were good. We threw away most of the wife’s fried okra and my waffle fries - way way too much salt. Unreal. We shared a giant iced tea. $27.29 with tax. We will not return to this Dickey’s. The one in Wildwood, FL was great before it closed. We did bring some of the brisket home - the portions were big but it too tasted salty to me. The sweet BBQ sauce helped kill the taste of salt.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Barbecue is good, but still kinda bland, missing spices! Quick service, place is clean, not much seats for dining in. But packages, affordable. Good for a quick lunch stop.

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

I am always looking for a quick bite for lunch that is not your drive thru fast greasy food. So, I do not mind getting our the car to grab a delicious bite. Well today is not that day. I stop in Dicky's Barbeque Pit and just wanted a chicken sandwich. The young lady said we do not have chicken ready. I thought no worries I will get a Caesar Salad. The, she said she will go check on the chicken. Great! She DROP THE CHICKEN ON THE FLOOR. So, I decided to stock with my Caesar salad. Then, I just had to simply smile because I was disappointed. If I just had enough time to go some where else, I WOULD.