“Best Sushi for You & Me!”
Review of Yu Mi

Yu Mi
Ranked #74 of 190 Restaurants in Port Orange
Reviewed 8 August 2018

I love this place. The sashimi is so fresh and the owner cuts the prime pieces for his sashimi. The sushi is phenomenal. My favorite for lunch is the Yu-mi lunch box. It provides a miso soup, salad and a variety of regular tibits for lunch along with two items of your choice. Linda's favorite is the Crunch Roll.
This place is hidden behind an optical store and the Big Lots of Port Orange at Dunlawton and Nova Roads. Seek it out. You will not be disappointed!

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

My favorite place for sushi and the best in the area. Talk about a hidden gem, this little restaurant is tucked away in a “barely there” strip mall and could easily missed. That’s why I write reviews, to encourage people to not discount the bad location. The sushi chefs are phenomenally good at creating artistic variations of the freshest fish around and the taste and flavors are nothing short of Heavenly!
If you aren’t driving there at this point in my review, let me tell you about the Thursday Special! Any roll for $7. Yes, I said ANY.ROLL.FOR.$7! Mind-blown, right? If a roll is regularly $11- on Thursday’s you get it for only $7. It doesn’t get any better than that... Anywhere! Here’s a tip: go early on Thursday or be prepared to wait for a table. This place gets slammed on Thursday’s because their fantastic deal.
YuMi really is amazing!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 10 July 2017

This place is great, I definitely recommend taking the family, our kids even liked their seaweed salad!!!

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

My husband was a 10 year Chef. He introduced me to this sweet sushi hide-a-way after we were married. No place we have been equals the freshness and portions of the items we enjoy. We always order the Sashimi Appetizer. The portion is enormous and always fresh. Our favorite rolls include the Kamikaze, Jade, Dynamite, and the Sashimi. If you love quality sushi and small niche atmosphere wheel right over to this refreshing Port Orange secret. The chef insists!;-)

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 13 November 2016 via mobile

Everything was so fresh, you can really taste the difference. We can't wait to go back! We tried 4 different rolls and the uni (very interesting!). One of our favorite rolls was the Port Orange. So light and fresh.

Date of visit: November 2016