“Lively Bar with Excellent Food”

Fishlips Waterfront Bar & Grill
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Causal waterfront dining downstairs, covered patio, indoor sports bar, and sun deck with Tiki bar upstairs..From fresh fish and fine wine, to a hot burger and cold beer, we have something for everyone!!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

During our two week visit to Florida we stopped at Fishlips for our an evening meal. We were certainly not disappointed. There is formal dining downstairs, or more relaxed dining upstairs in the outside bar, which overlooks the harbour waterfront. The staff were really attentive, food was excellent and venue was perfect, sat overlooking the water as the sun went down. We even caught a glimpse of a small pod of dolphins swimming by. Would highly recommend.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,963)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We didn't get to taste the food because the service was abysmal. We were seated and when the server came for our order the excuses already started. "The kitchen is backed up", etc. The place was busy, but not packed. We WANTED the mussels appetizer. My friend just wanted a bowl of lobster bisque as her meal and I ordered the crab cake sandwich. She had already brought our sodas. I had asked for LIGHT ice. Back to the order...she asked if we wanted the mussels as an appetizer and we said yes. She then said, 'well, if you do that the soup will just sit". I really did not understand that. We tried to explain that if the soup was brought first, then I would be trying to have the sandwich and mussels at the same time. I am not a fan of appetizer and meal being brought at the same time. She continued to say, "well, the soup will just sit". Again, can't you just get the soup when she is ready for it? I work in the business and the soup is usually just sitting in a bain marie until the server, or cook, puts it in a bowl to take to the table. We finally gave in and said just bring the soup. She left briefly, whereupon I had a chance to take a sip of my soda. FULL of ice. As she came by I asked if she could get me another with less ice. She then rolled her eyes, sighed and said it would be some time because she was just too busy. And besides, she DID put light ice! After a short discussion, my friend and I decided to leave. We attempted to explain to the hostess, who looked as though she was going to pay attention, but as it turns out she was too busy, as well. We just left.

Michael S, Manager at Fishlips Waterfront Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Susan,
I want to extend my sincerest apologies for the service you received during your visit. That is certainly not how we want you to remember us! While we do experience high volumes of business, this is not an excuse. We take feedback very seriously and would like to get some more information from you to correct any issues so that we can give an excellent experience to you and all future guests. Would you consider providing us with your email or emailing further information to us at Fishlipsbar@aol.com? Thank you for your help and for bringing the issues to our attention.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

watch the cruise ships as they go out to sea or return home while listening to music and eating good food.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband did not have time to choose special place for my birthday, decided to go the for the first time. I did not care of the decor, I was more interested of the service and the food. I enjoyed everything from the time I got there to the end.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Finally decided to drive out to the Port to try the Sunday Brunch at Fishlips. From the nice view by the window looking out at the boats going by to the food quality it was a great experience. Enjoyed the free mimosa as well. Will be back again for breakfast/brunch.