“Nearly Every Saturday”

Ranked #77 of 253 Restaurants in Plantation
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed 11 April 2018

I take my elderly mother out for bfast every Saturday. Most times, we end up at this Dennys...mainly b/c we like the Grand Slam Slugger, which is the cheapest bfast in town. Depending on whether you get the pancakes or french toast, the Slugger runs $8-9 and you get 2 eggs, bacon and/or sausage, hash browns, juice, coffee and either pancakes or french toast!! The price can't be beat...and we've tried. Because this Dennys is a mixed bag. It's hit or miss. The servers are usually pretty good and are quite friendly. Two of them (Pam & Pia) know our order without even asking. We're usually there around 8:30, so it's not yet too crowded. But the cook rarely ever gets everything right. Every time there's usually one thing wrong: Eggs "over medium" are often undercooked. Bacon comes out raw. Hash browns nearly burnt. French toast undercooked. Management seems to be non-existent, as other reviewers have mentioned.

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

Sarai is my favorite because she took the time to recommend some choices on the menu. She has a great personality. I recommend her service to everyone!

Reviewed 1 January 2018

This is not a review about dennys in general, just this one. I have been to probably a dozen dennys around south florida. I have been to this one way more than any other because it is blocks from my house. I have found no other dennys location to have the consistent lack of management backup that this one does. They have pleasant and well meaning service staff, but the management is totally lacking, the staff is constantly in the weeds, management doesn't give them the tools or the staffing to run an efficient restaurant.

Today, while I waited over 15 minutes at the hostess stand, totally being ignored by probably 10 staff members who saw me and didn't even acknowledge me, several people behind me left in disgust because they were tired of waiting. This is quite typical in this particular dennys. I would have given up on this location long ago, except I did see a glimmer of hope last time I was here when a new manager here gave me a couple dollars off on my meal and apologized because they served me spoiled salsa and had to make the dish again. I didn't care about the couple of dollars, just that a manager there appeared to be aware of the problems and said she was working hard to fix them. For the first time, someone took a negative situation and turned it positive in my mind. That was a couple of months ago.

Today, I saw that same manager poke her head out of the kitchen (or office, I don't know which) for about a minute in the hour that I was there. No help for the overwhelmed staff nor for unhappy customers, let alone business lost by customers leaving.

I really wanted to give this new manager a chance since this location is so close to my house, but it seems that nothing has changed since she came aboard. Maybe she has given up trying or maybe the owners aren't providing her the necessary resources to run a proper restaurant. Either way, Im done. From now on I will drive a distance to a different dennys for my meal.

1  Thank Theo S
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

I take mom here every year for the free Grand Slam on your birthday promotion (we also come other times, too). There isn't a place that makes better pancakes than Denny's but they sure can use some improvement on cooking bacon - not everyone likes it overcooked hard & crispy. However, all-in-all it was a great visit for breakfast with phenomenal customer service. We will definitely go back. If this review was helpful, please click the box below.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

So I have always lived in the area and have visited this location many times. Over the last years service and quality has noticeably declined. This particular visit was by far the worst yet. I have worked in the food and beverage industry for many years and while it is widely known that a Denny's is no 5 star establishment, some level of dignity should exist. I arrived with my parents to find a line at the hostess stand with no hostess to greet the guests. I then noticed that the entire restaurant staff was in a panic. The servers were scrambling to maintain the existing tables while at least ten tables sat dirty because the buss staff couldn't seem to keep up. After about a half hour of waiting we were finally sat. The hostess had to clean the table for us. Once we were situated our server Vader who we have had many times before greeted us with a sweet smile even though we could tell she was overwhelmed. As time went on we found just how ill prepared they were for the rush. Mind you this was early morning on a weekday. They did not have orange juice, tea, milk, or even clean silver wear. So despite the staff's best efforts they could not keep up, especially when they lacked basic items they needed to do their jobs. In the 2 and a half hours we were there we never once saw a manager on the floor. The manager should have been present to greet tables, help the hostess, and do damage control. I know at my restaurant managers are always present on the floor and will even buss tables if necessary to keep the restaurant flowing. When we asked our server where the manager was she shyly shrugged showing us that even if we asked for a manager they probably would not come out of their office. This establishment is an embarrassment because of management who do not care, this is not the staff and that is sad. Problems like this can easily be remedied. Get an adequate manager not a recluse in the office. Thank you to all the staff who tried their best in a impossible situation.

1  Thank BriLove12