Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$159
Expedia.comUS$159
PricelineUS$159
Hotels.comUS$159
FindHotelUS$159
Agoda.comUS$159
1,155 results
All reviews fort lauderdale front desk staff bed was comfortable short drive free parking very nice hotel lobby ft highway florida renovation
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 August 2021

I have stayed at the Renaissance Hotel in Plantation a few times this year. For those not familiar with Fort Lauderdale, this hotel is far away from Fort Lauderdale beach so do not come here if you want a beach vacation. This hotel is best for business travelers or visits with nearby family. The hotel caters to business travelers, airline crew and families.

Access to the Renaissance Hotel is an issue for first time visitors. The hotel address is Pine Island Road but the hotel is not on Pine Island Road. Your GPS will direct you to an entrance to an apartment complex called Cornerstone. You will turn right on an unmarked road and pass an office building before you see the hotel. There is $8/day parking charge for unsecured parking shared with next door apartment building!

Service at the Renaissance is mediocre. There is no housecleaning service (unless you specifically request it) so request a few days worth of towels, shampoo and coffee/tea at check in. The high end restaurant on site does not pick up the phone and the lobby coffee stand cannot handle a "crowd" of two customers.

We chose to not have housekeeping service because of COVID. I was okay with exchanging dirty towels for clean towels with the morning staff on our floor.

Your room with double beds may range in size from tight to very large. The decor was strange - retro dark furniture with bronze accents, ugly mermaid statue, photo murals. The windows insulate outside noise - rooms facing 595 and pool had no noise problems. Good points: brightly lit bathroom, no carpeting (floors are vinyl wood) and lots of desk and lamp outlets, mini fridge (but no microwave).

You will need a car to get around - no nearby restaurants within walking distance. Get your caffeine fix at Starbucks that is a short drive at Broward and Pine Island.

COVID issues: No housekeeping unless requested. Very few hand sanitizer stations. Mask rules were not enforced at start of 2021 with many guests hanging out in lobby with no masks and in late summer with restrictions loosened, most guests are not wearing masks. Staff still wears masks.

Reviewed 28 July 2021 via mobile

Good hotel located in a nice area. Hospital and highway are very near by.
Comfy beds, clean room, friendly staff and parking on site.
WiFi worked well and baggage carts were readily available.
Hotel bar had a nice atmosphere and seemed to be very popular with guests.
Would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2021

We had a great experience! We were allowed early check in and the rooms were very clean, modern and comfortable. Really enjoyed the lake view. We went to the pool several times during our weekend stay and it never got overly crowded or noisy. Also enjoyed the covered terrace at the back of the hotel to sit and relax. Highly recommend the walking path just outside the hotel for getting in a nice walk surrounded by a peaceful setting.

Reviewed 18 June 2021

Now, my room was decent and the bed was comfortable. However, I checked in my room and checked out of my room 6 hours later. Someone kept barging in my room several times and then ran away. Me and my partner felt extremely uncomfortable. I went downstairs to tell the desk agent and her response was blank. There were no alternatives or a warm extension, just a dull reception. I found that odd and was completely turned off that my safety seemed to not be of much concern (she couldn’t even offer to check cameras). Needless to say, I don’t think I will be returning to this hotel.

Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank ilakwashington
Chris Reger, General Manager at Renaissance Fort Lauderdale West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2021

Dear ilakwashington,

I would like to thank you for staying at the Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation and sincerely apologize for the various issues you encountered during your stay. Thank you for taking the time to provide such valuable feedback.
Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and it is very apparent we fell well short of these expectations. We have shared this feedback with the appropriate leaders to ensure necessary actions are taken to prevent these things from happening again. I hope you can give us another chance should you return to the Plantation area as this is certainly not our standard of service.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 14 June 2021 via mobile

Let’s start w the one good thing. The pool is nice and generally not busy. Of course they forgot to have clean towels one morning.

I was really annoyed that they sprang a parking fee on us that I hadn’t seen when I priced out the hotel including taxes and fees. The desk clerk’s response was , oh yeah, we added it last year

It was hard to get internet
The air conditioning was so noisy it woke us up
Check the location. It was ok for us as it was near my sons house but if you need to be be near Fort Lauderdale or anything it’s inconvenient.
The decor is ugly .
The only toiletry I cared about wasn’t full. I understand it’s hard to check everything but it just didn’t feel like these folks were trying

This place was not up to what I expect from Marriott. Above I listed a few reasons but the bottom line is it’s just basically mediocre

This was not what I expected from Marriott. Not horrendous, just mediocre.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple