“Barbecue Done Right!”

Hot Spot Barbecue
Ranked #7 of 740 Restaurants in Pensacola
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Authentic Southern Barbecue Cooked on a Real Oak & Hickory Fire! Opened in June of 2013, we are family operated and sincerely appreciate your patronage. Our Goal is to serve the very best Southern Style Barbecue. Only the finest meats are selected, seasoned with our special dry-rub, and cooked in our outdoor Smokers. Nothing is deep-fried. We use a combination of recipes, from family and friends, and all quality ingredients. White Bread is traditional and we will provide more if you want. We truly care about your dining experience and expect our service to be friendly and prompt. If there is a special condiment or something extra that you desire, just ask. Our signature sauce is tomato-based with a little black pepper “kick” to it. We do not cook with sauce, so it is added at the time of serving. Order dry, if you prefer. There will be warm sauce on the table. For take-out, an extra side of sauce can be provided. Thank You!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hot Spot has scrumptious beef brisket. Every item on the menu is exemplary. You have to taste it all for yourself.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I've bought way better BBQ at a no name gas station in the middle of nowhere. Service was pitiful. Portions were small. My son and I were going to try out the heralded Hot Spot BBQ. We both said the same thing. First and last time.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

By far the best ribs I have ever eaten. I go no sauce, just the excellent rub smoked to perfection. People are always friendly. I shouldn't leave out the chicken. My wife doesn't eat meat so we get the family meal and substitute chicken for the pork (they don't like to do that I think but they always do) Anyway, the chicken is probably the best chicken in town if you like it moist, tender and tasty. I hear the lemon pie is great but I am always too full to try it.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This place is great for chicken and ribs! The staff is nice and friendly. Not fancy decor but that’s ok for this type of food. Every morning, I see the guy out on the many grills at 5 am already working . It’s worth the trip!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Family owned and operated barbecue. Great little eat-in dinner with fast friendly service or fast and efficient take-out service (with a smile) from Paula at the counter. Don't forget the pie made by dad.
Best barbecue in town.