All reviews rooftop restaurant sea spray an older hotel old florida the entire hotel ice machine tiki
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

I am giving a higher rating but with the understanding that this is an older hotel. However, for what you pay the room was spacious and clean (saw no mold), the beds comfortable and included a small fridge. The pool was also lovely and they have a tiki bar and you are practically on the beach. We ate 1 dinner and 1 bkfst at the rooftop restaurant. Prices were hotel-expected but not unreasonable and the food was excellent. This is off-season so it was quiet. I would highly recommend for those who don’t want to spend all their money on their hotel but still have the pleasures of a beach vacation in Florida.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank JaJLMFL
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

The real deal. This lovely hotel has been in Palm Beach Shores for years. Right on the ocean. Close to restaraunts. The restaraunt in the hotel has an amazing view and is a quiet place. No loud music!

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2018

We stayed at the Sea Spray when we went to spring training. We are in our late 50's and we loved it.This is what it is:
A very clean motel with an awesome tiki bar, close to the beach, the stadium and fun restaurants and really nice people.

What it's not: A Marriott, A Ritz, not even a Holiday Inn. Yes, it needs paint (I almost offered to do it myself because it seemed to be crying for paint but then the price might go up), the bathrooms are functional, not beautiful. I didn't see mold and some of the windows didn't open.The bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept on in a motel/hotel and I've been to Four Seasons and Ritz. So, if you're not coming for the beach, casual experience, you're definitely in the wrong place.

Stayed: March 2018
3  Thank sukitraveler
Reviewed 29 January 2018

To start I arrived a couple hours early and the front desk lady would not let me check in, I even offered to pay and she said No, said no rooms were ready. I actually talked with an employee outside and he said that they tell everyone that but that there are tons of rooms ready. I hate being lied to, Horrible customer Service

After waiting around for hours I finally was able to check in. This place is in bad condition, the lobby is so dated super dark. The room was old and beat up. Cracks in walls, tile in bathroom had holes everywhere.

The Wifi did not work in my room, I tried calling the front desk and the phone also did not work. I physically went down and informed the front desk and the gal didn't know what to do. She said she would try to fix it some how? The wifi and phone were never working my entire trip.

MOLD growing on my window! Manager said its not mold.... I believe it was mold.
Windows can not open, zero circulation in my room.
Security in this place is bad, none of the exit doors locked.
Place was a ghost town, there were 2 cars parked in the parking area, I swear I was the only one staying there that night.

The manager said she was going to call her boss and see what they could do for me because of all the issues I had. One hour later she called and said no discount of any kind will be given to me. Said the MOLD was not mold. you be the judge....
STAY AWAY!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't spend this kind of money on a 1 star hotel...
  • Stayed: January 2018, traveled with friends
2  Thank KPMCG1
Reviewed 18 January 2018

I really wish I could give this hotel a higher rating. The reception staff was okay. They were friendly but when we had questions they always had to check with someone else. We requested a room with a balcony and ended up with one on the first floor looking over the parking lot and right next to the busy sidewalk. Lots of foot traffic so it felt awkward sitting out there. The railings were overgrown with shrubbery. We requested another room on a higher floor but were told the hotel was fully booked. This was surprising because we did not see a lot of people in the pool or restaurants. The room itself was spacious with a mini fridge. It was advertised as 2 queen beds but they were full beds. The bathroom was roomy with a changing area however there were several cracked tiles and the tub didn’t drain well. It was seemed clean but the general feel of the room was dingy and worn out. However, it is right on the beautiful beach. The pool and tiki bar were great! There was live music, a great bartender who was very attentive and accommodating. Throughout our stay the hotel manager was always accessible and helpful, and checking on the guests. He genuinely wanted us to have a great stay. His wife also worked there managing the rooftop restaurant. The food there was fantastic, and you can’t beat the rooftop view. We enjoyed having breakfast overlooking the ocean, and we had a couple of memorable dinner’s there are well. The waitress was friendly and attentive. She even came out to say goodbye while we were waiting for our Uber to take us to the airport. There is a lot of potential here. They should invest in renovating the rooms. I would be hesitant to recommend this place to a friend with the rooms as they were when we stayed there.

Stayed: February 2017