1,631 results
All reviews pro shop bear trap great golf play golf golf course ironwood restaurant golf staff tennis courts tee times honda classic round of golf golf package palm terrace junior suite lobby bar in great shape pool side
Reviewed 8 October 2018

pga national resort & spa is located in palm beach is an incredible place is perfect for golf lovers because it has several fields to play this focused on golf, restaurants, pool and social area are very nice.
I have a great experience in this beautiful and luxurious hotel, I recommend it since it is an incredible and different experience.
also the golf courses have a great history because in these fields the most important golf champions in the United States are played.
Very good hotel and excellent service

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at PGA National Resort and Spa this last weekend as a “stay-cation” since we live in Palm Beach Gardens. The hotel itself is very nice and recently renovated. Upon check-in they upgraded us to a king bed which was very nice, as it was the last king bed available. The pool area is very nice with comfortable lounge chairs and nice fountains. On Sunday “funday” they had a poolside DJ that was very entertaining with great music and trivia. The driving range is nice and the unlimited range balls included with the resort fee was great for practicing our golf swings. They provide a complementary golf cart as well. A downside is that it was off season, so the Ironwood Grill was closed on a Sunday and we didn’t know that beforehand and we planned to order some raw bar items on Sunday, but we couldn’t because of this closure. We also saw a deal on their website for a filet mignon and a lobster tail for $49 only available Sunday-Thursday at the Ironwood. Well, since they are closed on a Sunday we were also unable to get this. Since we really wanted raw bar items, we ended up driving to Spotos Oyster Bar down the street for dinner.

Before checking out the next day we order lunch at the ibar. I order The Champ Burger, medium. My wife order the crispy chicken sandwich. After waiting over 30 minutes for our food we finally got our items. There were only a few people at the ibar so we didn’t know why it took so long. The food looked great, but when I cut my burger, I noticed it was cooked very well done, and burnt on some parts. I informed Mike, the bartender, and he took it off our bill. My wife’s sandwich was way over cooked as well and flattened with not much meat.

We were hugely disappointed in the food aspect of our stay. Also since we are local we would be much more inclined to visit the resort more regularly if they brought their happy hour back that they took away last year. Apparently the top management took this away because they said they “didn’t need it”. Also I feel if their prices weren’t so outrageous they would sell more food and beverage overall.

On a better note, all the guys in the pro shop and the guys that helped us with our clubs and cart were very accommodating, professional and friendly. Kudos to them, but they need to improve their food experience at the ibar and reduce their drink prices, and should at least offer a happy hour.

Overall it was an average stay for us. We have had much better experiences at other properties like the Hilton. The biggest draw here is their golf courses and they feel like they can overcharge their affluent customers. This will only last so long while the economy is good. I do hope things improve for what you get for your money here.

One piece of advice I was told is to call them about their specials or deals because their website is not always “accurate”.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2018

Just back from a 7 night stay at this hotel. The rooms are spacious and well appointed, with balcony. They lack a kettle which was a disappointment - although there is an easy to use coffee machine. The bed is very comfy indeed and even the pillows (I HATE hotel pillows) were OK. All the public areas are very tastefully decorated and spotlessly clean. Check-in was swift and welcoming. The pool area is lovely - great sunbeds and helpful attendants. We loved it here. The only downside is that, in our opinion the drinks and food are over-priced. A poolside snack, with cocktail was around $30 a head. Both food and cocktails were excellent but could have been bought for half that price elsewhere. That said, I'd be glad to stay here again and would recommend it in all other respects.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view room
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2018

The basic room rate is set really low - for the summer, I suppose, and it was still very hot in late September. They make it up in everything else, I think. The restaurants are all a little pricey, drinks too, there's a resort fee (common these days, so not particular to this hotel only). Parking is free, though, a plus, as were classes at the separate gym club.

Hotels that don't offer free breakfast with your room rate are becoming the minority. I suppose it's only perception that it's better if you put the breakfast costs in the room fee and call breakfast "free," rather than the way his hotel does it, but I balk at paying $21 for buffet breakfast when I don't eat much at that hour in the first place. So we skipped their breakfast altogether. There's a really good grocery store on the north side of PGA Boulevard across from the main entrance to the resort.

We requested a king size bed months ahead, and got two double beds instead - not ideal for an anniversary. "Weddings filled up the hotel," we were told. My husband had to suggest that we'd be fine if we could be moved the following day for the rest of our stay. This was cheerfully accommodated, but the front desk should have brought it up first. Our first room's fridge was broken (even unplugged) and maintenance guys were there almost instantly to take care of it, so plus one for that response, too. The coffee maker liked to trip the GFI when it was plugged in, and again, maintenance was right on it when we called. The telephone was broken, too (couldn't be answered) but we probably wouldn't have noticed if we hadn't been calling maintenance so often. Room #2 had no problems, except for loud drunks in the halls sometimes, late at night. My husband suspects they were vendors from his own conference.

It's an interesting place but I'm not a big fan of large golf resorts personally. If you are, you'll probably love it.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2018

Wow!!! Just Wow! It started as a last minute reservation...looking for a staycation and a bday massage for my girlfriend. I got a great rate $129 FL discount and when I was booking I selected a 50min Massage for an extra $125. Since the reso was in 24 hrs, I printed the confirmation. It didn't let me select a time at booking.
Weird, right?
I decided to call the hotel a few hours later because I didn't want problems on the day of the reso...Guess what? When I called, they told me the spa was booked but its OK because they didn't charge me. I was a little mad but I figured I would give them a chance to make this right. I SHOULD HAVE CANCELED AT THIS POINT but I didnt.

I told them that the only reason I made the hotel reso was because of the Spa treatment.
Eventually they got back to me and found a time but they needed my CC# again. I told them I didnt want my card charged twice and that the hotel had my card on file.

They replied, "we are not connected to the hotel but we will make sure its not charged twice."

I go to the Hotel, Card is charged for stay and taxes etc, $174plus $100 for extras...its all good.

My girlfriend goes to the massage, they said she would get a bill to sign. I asked her to make sure it was $125 and then she was going to tip with cash, masseuse tells her that tip is included and it was $125... I get the bill at checkout for $150?

I contact the front desk about this and they say that there was an added 20% gratuity.

What's strange is that the resort adds 18% to all the bills everywhere on the property but the SPA adds 20%? Whatever

Through all of this I never heard from a manager.

Fast forward 2 days and My card has been charged twice and Im overdrawn.

Charged $174 for room
Charged $185 for lunch and massage
Charged $110.60 for incidentals?

When I call back to the Hotel and ask for a Manager, there is not one on duty so they have to call me back 5 hours later, to explain that the extra charge will come off my bill, but they cant explain why its for $110.60 and not for only $100...and still no management.

Now for the service problems...food service by pool.

We sit at a couple lounge chairs but there is not a table, I ask our server if she can grab us a table to use for our food, she told me that's not her job. lol, i walked around and found one and brought it over...i guess you dont have to do typical server type things when you automatically get 18% added.

Front desk problems
We noticed that there wasnt a 'Do Not Disturb" sign in the room, so I call the front desk letting them know and i asked if someone can place a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door.
But of course Mr. Dillon was the reply.

7:46am KNOCK KNOCK, housekeeping!!! LOL no sign but someone slipped our bill under the door.

SAVE YOUR MONEY. You get better service at the Hampton Inn or Courtyard...
4 star price but 1 star hotel