“Great Food, Great Service”
Review of El Sombrero

El Sombrero
Ranked #7 of 143 Restaurants in Palm Bay
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 April 2021

Went there with some friends and had a great time. The chips and salsa were homemade and delish. Some had hot salsa and some mild.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (220)

Reviewed 9 April 2021 via mobile

Our Easter plans were canceled due to our grandson getting sick. So instead of having nine people at my home for a meal, it was just my husband and myself. So we decided to go out for Mexican. When we arrived at the restaurant, it was not full. Because we were going to order on the lighter side, we decided to sit at the bar. There were at least 2 to 3 people behind the bar at all times. When we sat down, we each ordered a drink, and we asked when they brought the chips and salsa to please bring their hot salsa as well. Well when the chips and salsa were delivered, there was no hot salsa and they had to be reminded a second time to do that. (There was only one other gentleman sitting at the bar, and he was finishing up his meal.) I started to get the feeling that we were being ignored. I ordered the Tacos Asada. ( 4 soft tacos stuffed with skirt steak,fresh cilantro, onions, lettuce, tomato, and cheese, according to their menu description.) When mine was delivered it certainly was not
“ stuffed” with meat, it was barely half full. I had a little bit of lettuce, no tomato, no cilantro, no onion, no cheese. When I requested the cheese for the tacos, the bartender had the nerve to tell me he didn’t think it came with cheese, even though it said it right on their menu. And I wanted all those extras to be put on my tacos, but I didn’t wanna make a big deal, so I just requested the cheese. When he brought back the tacos, he said ,”be careful the plate is hot “,though the cheese was totally unmelted and the tacos cool.
No matter how many people were behind the bar, my husband and I were completely ignored. My husband asked for a glass of ice water. The one bartender said she would get it, and then she went about her business totally ignoring my husbands request. One of the employers who had finished their shift was sitting at a table in the bar with her children. They fawned all over her and waited on her and got her things, but continued to ignore us. When my husband asked a second time to the bartender for that glass of ice water, she tried to pawn it off on somebody else, even though she was standing directly in front of my husband. We never felt more unwelcome in any restaurant, ever. I had had a disappointing day to begin with,with the cancellation of our Easter plans, and this was the icing on the cake. My husband did say something to the manager and she could’ve cared less. There was never an apology, there was never an I’m sorry. The meal was approximately $34.00 without tip. It is very rare that we do not leave a 20% tip for our servers. None was left that evening! Save your time and your appetites and when you’re searching for a Mexican restaurant you can skip this place totally!

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 14 February 2021

If we’re in the area, this is our go to place to eat. Great drink specials, they are happy to accommodate our request to spice up our queso. Friendly waitstaff and great enchiladas.

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 27 January 2021

So, last nights visit to El Sombero in Palm Bay it was terrible. We started with 2/1 margaritas. They were barely drinkable. Actually the girls split them and barely drank any. We ordered combo meals enchilada burrito and taco. The taco was doable the rest was not edible. The rice bland and cold. The beans well there were no beans. It was a runny brown paste. One burrito was bean. It was a rolled flour tortilla flat covered with a little cheese on top. The same with the enchilada. Flat tasteless not edible. My daughter ordered onions on the side....she got cooked onions for her taco. Who does that? The food was bland unappealing barely warm. This is one restaurant we won't be back to. Heard there is a fabulous mexican resturant off 192 going there next. Fiesta Azul. Save your money Tijuana Flats beats this place hands down.

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 12 November 2020

We had been there before with family and it was ok we thought.
We went there this October 2020 and ordered an App and two meals.
I ordered a Strawberry Margarita & my Dad ordered a Lemonade.
I got my Margarita and my Dad got a Water with a lemon wedge.
We didn't see the waitress until we got our App and I told her that my Dad
ordered a Lemonade, She said she was sorry and would bring him his drink
right away. Another waitress brought us our food and we didn't see our waitress
for another 15 min. When she showed up we asked her about the Lemonade
and she brought it out finely. We ate half of the App. when the other waitress
brought us our Meals. My Dad ordered a Smothered Chicken Burrito and I got
the 4 Carniasata Tacos. My Dad ate his Burrito and I ate two of the Tacos.
I drank only half of the Margarita and we took home the rest. At around 1am
my Dad got the runs and round 3am I got the runs and I didn't feel so hot.
My Stomach was churning and felt I might throw up. Around 3:30am I went out
side to smoke, I sat on the bench as my Stomach was still churning, I stood up
and I knew it was coming. I stayed out and threw up. I went back to bed at
around 4:00am. Please Don't Eat Here You Might Get Deathly Sick.

Date of visit: October 2020