“july 2017”

Ranked #639 of 4,119 Restaurants in Orlando
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Description: Restaurantosaurus features fast-food favorites—hot dogs, burgers, fries, salads—for lunch and dinner in a dinosaur-centric restaurant adjacent to an ancient archeological dig site in the DinoLand, U.S.A. area in Disney's Animal Kingdom theme park.The history of Restaurantosaurus begins with a bunch of young paleontologists (dinosaur scientists) who came to DinoLand, U.S.A. to study and dig up fossils. In a flash of student ingenuity, they decided to convert their home into a restaurant to cater to the tourist trade that grew around their school and dig site.Unearth your funny bone and be prepared for college pranks that occasionally ensue in the dining room at Restaurantosaurus. Some students have gone as far as to add their touches to the interior decorating. Go on an expedition to find the puns in the fun dinosaur-themed book titles on the shelves and song titles in the juke box. These students sure like to display their pre-hysteric sense of humor.
Reviewed 4 April 2018

this is my second favourite quick service in WDW! (after morocco pavillion in Epcot) I love it soo much, I don't know why - the food is pretty much the same as all the others but it's really nice. They have a 'help yourself' salad bar and refillable drinks station and plenty of seating - and the turtle brownies are delicious! we love them! every time we go to animal kingdom during the day time we grab our lunch here

2  Thank Lucy F

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We were here with our 5 year old during busy spring break. Used the mobile order option on the WDW app and it worked perfectly. Got our food in 10-15 minutes as opposed to the very long line waiting to order in the traditional line. Hamburgers were good, 5 year olds lunch came in a bucket which he thought was funny. Also came with a yummy caramel brownie. It was a good option for a crowded time at a crowded restaurant.

2  Thank 321barbs
Reviewed 28 March 2018

This quick-service restaurant was anything but quick. I understand Disney World is a crazy busy place, but I was disappointed. The locale is perfect and easily accessible in the DinoLand area. The way it was decorated was fun especially for my son. But after waiting right at 20 minutes for some burgers and chicken nuggets I was fuming! We had a Fastpass to get to and there we were watching family after family walk away with their orders as our kids became anxious because they were hungry. My husband finally came and sat down after waiting all of that time near the counter. Me being the take the bull by the horns kind of person I am walked up, showed my receipt, and as kindly as I could asked why we still didn't have food. They informed me our order had been "forgotten." Apparently, orders can just fall through the cracks. I realize things happen. But it didn't make me feel any better that we had sat there all of that time for nothing. And for what was supposed to be fast food nonetheless. I appreciate that they compensated us for our Fastpass and the kids liked the shovel and pail that came with their meals so that helped with our poor moods from the experience. Not a Disney top choice for our family, but I'd like to think that doesn't happen too often.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

This is a great place to get out of the sun and have basic American fast food. The burgers are good. The Grilled Chicken BLT Sandwich is good. They even have Chili-fries.

What I like, I can always find a seat in the shade or in the AC. Not a bad choice for a quick service meal on the Disney Dining Plan.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

Fish and chips were okay. approx. $11 each burger with fries in a pail, $10 but prices are probably avg at the Disney park.