“Food great...service varies.”

Cuisines: Colombian, Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Location: There has been some remodeling to this restaurant over the years. It offers three different seating areas. A main dining room along with a bar area that also has seating to the left side (when entering). The bar area has more TVs and the music may be a little louder. To the right of the main dining area there is what appears to be a now enclosed patio-style area.

Food: I ordered a “Bandeja Paisa”. This is a large meal that includes thin cut steak (carne asada), pork rinds, sausage, white rice, sweet plantains, avocado, beans and a small ‘arepa’ (corn cake). Oh, and a fried egg over the white rice. It was tasty. It usually is. I’ve ordered it many times before. My daughter had chicken fingers with French fries (of course), my son had a carne asada with white rice, beans and French fries. We had two others in our party tonight and one ordered fried beef with ‘mofongo’. She thought the meat was “chewy, but the flavor was good”. The other had a surf & turf-style meal with a steak and shrimp. He mentioned his steak was underdone.

Service: This is where this restaurant has let me down, a few times. There is an exception, however. Her name is Lina. She never disappoints. She is attentive and professional. She doesn’t delay and you’re rarely waiting if you need something. She was not there tonight. As with most times we’ve visited on a night she is not there, we’re let down. Let down by slow service and huge gaps of time waiting to locate our server. There is another guy who’s great too. Today we experienced the delays. It was hard to get her attention as she zoomed by a few times and we sat with empty water only to have to ask for it when she returned to the table. A drink refill you would just assume is a given, or is it just me?

Price: Prices are fair. Your average meal which includes rice, beans and a side like tostones or sweet plantains is about $11-$13 and it goes up from there.

Overall: I like it here. I like the food and the atmosphere is enjoyable too. The service does get me more often than not. If Lina is not in, it’s about a 50/50 of issues with service. Don’t let this keep you from visiting, I may have just been unlucky some days. It happens, right? Gets four because I’ve been here many times and had good experiences.

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

I’ve been a long time customer and it seems like eanch year the restaurant gets better. The food tastes like authentic colombian cuisine. The service has been great and I recommended for anyone visiting the area.

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

I love this restaurant for their Red Snapper. It is always cooked to perfection. The madurdos (sweet plantains) were delicious, and the service was good as well. My husband had the chicken with rice, red beans, and tostones (flat fried plantain).
I frequent when I can. A definite must visit when in Orlando.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

This was a Military Retiree Dinner out gathering. They have a great variety of Latin/Columbian Food. Been there twice and have enjoyed. Many go for the Mofongo, I ate this time the Picada (Cheap for $19), which is definitely a meal for two or three. We had a group of ten people and with a large group you always get one or two not totally satisfied. In my group that the food was Not hot, warm, but not hot. I understand that you wait to serve all the food instead of when they start coming out. But the food is delicious.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Been there couple of times before and service and food was not excellent but tolerable. Unfortunately my last visit was a really bad one. Food was cold had to returned it twice, my smoothie was hot HOW A SMOOTHIE COULD BE HOT??? Then the service was poor and place was not clean. Not going there anymore.