“Still good”
Review of K Restaurant

K Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
K Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 4,141 Restaurants in Orlando
Price range: US$18 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Florida Center
Cross street: New Hampshire St.
Description: Orlandos longest running chef owned and operated restaurant. Located near downtown Orlando, this old house (converted to a restaurant) has a one of a kind herb/vegetable garden in the backyard. A proud sponsor of all local farms and artisans since day 1! The menu changes daily according to the availability of fresh ingredients from locally sourced Central Florida farms and artisans. The K menu is New-American cuisine. We pride ourselves on our quality food and service. K Restaurant also accommodates private parties and events. Closed July 2 - July 5; Return to normal hours July 6th
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

With the recent change in the chef, I was a little worried about how K would fare - pleasantly surprised to say nothing seems too different...maybe a bit more expensive - but still consistently good food. Portions are generous, service was excellent, and we enjoyed the deviled egg appetizer very much.

Courtney P, Marketing Manager at K Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hello Sdkristi,

Thank you for that excellent review of K Restaurant. The new owner did not want to change any of the great qualities K Restaurant already had going for them. We have kept the same staff and great food. We are happy you come back and gave us another shot. The deviled eggs are definitely a crowd pleaser. I will be sure to let the staff and kitchen know of this great review.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We had a large party on Easter last minute for a late brunch. Almost no place could accommodate us- so I was surprised K could, given what I'd heard about the popularity. Sorry- I don't get it. The menu was sparse, and tried too hard. Sometimes eggs benedict just being eggs benedict is good enough without all the "twists". Half of our party was very pleased with the food- they are the ones who like "different". The other half were completely disappointed. We just wanted traditional brunch foods, well prepared. I had an omelet. It was tasteless, runny, and served with 3 slices of cold tomato and two pieces of dry toast. I would have seasoned it- but there was nothing on the table to do so. By the time our food had all been brought out, and the waiter announced he had a minute, the toast was cold as was the omelet. Here is a thought- when you take orders for a party of 10+, bring out the condiments you think the table might need while waiting the 20+ minutes for the food to arrive! No- instead, food was brought out in serial form, no salt, no pepper, no ketchup for the fries, etc. No drink refills- at least for the ones that were not water but allegedly "free refills". My drink went unfilled for 30 minutes until he had brought out the food, brought out the condiments, brought out butter for someone's cold, dry toast- and then "had a minute". A little planning would have gone a long way and saved an otherwise disappointingly average meal. On top of that, one of our party asked for ketchup while the food was in process of coming out- and got a terse 'when I have a chance!'. Sorry- limited menu that is over thought + poor service + overpriced is not something I plan to do again.

1  Thank jpsfl1

Hello jpsfl1,

Thank you for your feedback. Easter was one of our busiest brunches we have had since launching in March. We are glad we got to accommodate your large party. Our popularity has been growing since the launch because of our "twist" (as you put it) on the traditional brunch you find around Orlando. We still have the classics and we try to accommodate preferences as much as possible. Our menus are posted live on our website for our guest to view what is offered that day based on locally sourced food. As for your other points, we definitely dropped the ball. We take great pride in our great service and food. We should have anticipated your needs better. Your feedback will help us with educating our staff about their approach and execution of tasks. We hope to earn your business back in the future.

Courtney P

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

So disappointed. Tried some of the happy hour specials. Burger was burnt on outside and pink on inside. How do you do that? Yes - I asked for well done but pink inside is not. The burger had no taste. The deviled eggs were pretty but gas no taste. The fried green tomato had no taste but the crab salad on top was ok. The cheese board was awful - I waned to spit the cheese out but I have manners. The Mac and cheese entree was salty and I am a salt lover - too salty for me. The French toast bread pudding was very good - served warm with ice cream. The salad that came with the burger was the best thing I had. Doubtful we will be back. Much better options in the neighborhood.

1  Thank Nancy L
Courtney P, Marketing Manager at K Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Hello Nancy,

Thank you for your feedback. I want to apologize for the burger that was not cooked well-done. We definitely hold our chefs/cooks to a high standard and the food you received should have been nothing shy of excellent on taste and delivery. I will inform the kitchen of your review to help us improve. I am happy that dessert was successful and I will be sure to let the Pastry Chef know as she takes great pride in her desserts. Your review will help us improve and we hope to earn your business back in the future.

Courtney P

Reviewed 6 March 2018

We came on a Saturday night and the place is very cute- a converted house. Menu looked amazing(they change it every day) good wine list and cocktails. We ordered wine and appetizers- roasted brussel sprouts and fried green tomatoes. They came out promptly and were excellent. Then, 1 hour and 12 minutes later, we finally got our entrees. The waiter explained that the kitchen was backed up due to a large party, which shouldn't have become our problem. The good news is that that the food was worth the wait. Red Snapper, Pasta with mushrooms and a duck cassoulet were all amazing. No real apology for the wait, in fact he seemed to avoid us after entrees were served. If not for the disruption in service, this would have been a 5 star review.

Hello lnkrider,

Thank you for the great review of K Restaurant. We are pleased the food was worth the wait - I will inform the kitchen you thought so. You choose some of our top selling appetizers and entrees. I do apologize that we dropped the ball on getting your entrees to you in a timely manner and that our staff did not check-in to make sure your food was satisfactory. In an effort to improve - we have hired additional help in the kitchen to help with making sure food comes out in a timely manner and the staff has been informed of where they can improve. We hope to see you again maybe at one of the events K Restuarant puts on each month.

Hope to see you soon,

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

My wife and I Have been to K restaurant several times before and always had good food and service. This past Saturday was the first time we’ve been there since new ownership. The food was still good but service has declined. We waited 35 minutes for our entree’s. The server didn’t keep us informed of the delay in the kitchen. Also by 8pm the restaurant was out of multiple items on their menu. I hope this was a minor hiccup on the night we were there. New owner needs to fix these problems so other customers don’t have the less than satisfactory experience we had.

Hello David,

I so appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at K Restaurant and coming back to try us out after it changed ownership. I am sorry we dropped the ball on service for you. We should have been more proactive in letting you know about delays in your food. In response to your other point - we, unfortunately, sometimes run out of items that we receive in limited amount because we get them fresh, locally, and daily. I have informed the staff that they need to communicate to our guests when food is going to be delayed. Our kitchen staff is also looking into alternative options to be able to keep all items stocked for our guest no matter the time or date. We do hope to improve and your feedback is much appreciated. We hope to see you again and impress you like we have done in the past.