“Excellent Food!”
Review of K Restaurant

K Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
K Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 4,077 Restaurants in Orlando
Price range: US$18 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Florida Center
Cross street: New Hampshire St.
Description: Orlandos longest running chef owned and operated restaurant. Located near downtown Orlando, this old house (converted to a restaurant) has a one of a kind herb/vegetable garden in the backyard. A proud sponsor of all local farms and artisans since day 1! The menu changes daily according to the availability of fresh ingredients from locally sourced Central Florida farms and artisans. The K menu is New-American cuisine. We pride ourselves on our quality food and service. K Restaurant also accommodates private parties and events.
Reviewed March 6, 2018

We came on a Saturday night and the place is very cute- a converted house. Menu looked amazing(they change it every day) good wine list and cocktails. We ordered wine and appetizers- roasted brussel sprouts and fried green tomatoes. They came out promptly and were excellent. Then, 1 hour and 12 minutes later, we finally got our entrees. The waiter explained that the kitchen was backed up due to a large party, which shouldn't have become our problem. The good news is that that the food was worth the wait. Red Snapper, Pasta with mushrooms and a duck cassoulet were all amazing. No real apology for the wait, in fact he seemed to avoid us after entrees were served. If not for the disruption in service, this would have been a 5 star review.

Courtney P, Marketing Manager at K Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2018

Hello lnkrider,

Thank you for the great review of K Restaurant. We are pleased the food was worth the wait - I will inform the kitchen you thought so. You choose some of our top selling appetizers and entrees. I do apologize that we dropped the ball on getting your entrees to you in a timely manner and that our staff did not check-in to make sure your food was satisfactory. In an effort to improve - we have hired additional help in the kitchen to help with making sure food comes out in a timely manner and the staff has been informed of where they can improve. We hope to see you again maybe at one of the events K Restuarant puts on each month.

Hope to see you soon,

Reviewed February 12, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I Have been to K restaurant several times before and always had good food and service. This past Saturday was the first time we’ve been there since new ownership. The food was still good but service has declined. We waited 35 minutes for our entree’s. The server didn’t keep us informed of the delay in the kitchen. Also by 8pm the restaurant was out of multiple items on their menu. I hope this was a minor hiccup on the night we were there. New owner needs to fix these problems so other customers don’t have the less than satisfactory experience we had.

Hello David,

I so appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at K Restaurant and coming back to try us out after it changed ownership. I am sorry we dropped the ball on service for you. We should have been more proactive in letting you know about delays in your food. In response to your other point - we, unfortunately, sometimes run out of items that we receive in limited amount because we get them fresh, locally, and daily. I have informed the staff that they need to communicate to our guests when food is going to be delayed. Our kitchen staff is also looking into alternative options to be able to keep all items stocked for our guest no matter the time or date. We do hope to improve and your feedback is much appreciated. We hope to see you again and impress you like we have done in the past.

Reviewed January 22, 2018 via mobile

The burger and Pork Belly Benedict is the best I’ve ever had! What a great find. Excellent service and the chef greeted us at our table. Not too crowded, not a scene, just damn good food! and drinks.

Hello ritzyhippie,

Wow! Thank you for that awesome review. The burger and Pork Belly Benedict are definitely a crowd pleaser at K Restaurant. I will be sure to let the staff and kitchen know of this great review. Brunch has become a real hit on the weekend.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed December 20, 2017 via mobile

Good food and friendly service. My only complaint is that the beets salad, I found it to be a little shy, not a big portion and my entrée was served on a cold plate which made my fish literally cool.
Overall it is a nice restaurant and definitely going back.

Hello Gary,

Thank you for your lovely review. I so appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at K Restaurant here in Orlando! I wanted to address some of your complaints as well - our salads that do not contain lettuce are typically smaller on the portion size. With the beet salad, we try and highlight the beets. Also, we usually put hot food on warm plates to prevent the food from getting cold so I apologize for your fish being cold. We should have made sure your fish was served hot before it arrived at your table. In the future please let us know if the temperature is not right. I am happy that your last visit did not deter you from wanting to come back. We hope next time will be a better experience as we take great pride in providing a great experience.

Hope to see you again

Couyrtney Phelps

Reviewed November 12, 2017 via mobile

Quick summary - an absolute MUST if you live in or are visiting the area. Locally owned, farm to table restaurant, Chef Ryan, Executive Chef Chad, and Michelle serve magic on a nightly basis. The menu changes daily and it’s a home run each time.

The Fall Bisque, Giovanni’s Mozambique, and Apple Bacon Crumble were amazing.

The entire staff work hard to make the entire experience a perfect night.

Courtney P, Marketing Manager at K Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2017

Hello Kelly,

Thank you for an excellent review of K Restaurant! We work hard to offer the best food in the best possible environment, and we are so happy to see that reflected on your last visit. I will be sure to let the Chefs and staff know about their excellent service. I am sure they will very pleased to see your review. Our food is fresh and local and we take great pride in knowing we impressed you from start to finish. We are happy to hear the Fall Bisque, Giovanni’s Mozambique, and Apple Bacon Crumble was amazing. Fall/Winter is Chef Michelle's favorite time of year for making desserts.

Thank you again for the review we hope to see you again soon!