“Chaos and poor management”
Review of Rainforest Cafe

Rainforest Cafe
Ranked #446 of 4,060 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

After a fantastic day in the park, we really looked forward to a meal here. We love this park, but feel it could use a few more sit-down restaurants to choose from (heard Yak and Yetti and Rainforest are under the same management). We have had some fantastic meals at Yak and Yetti, so we we thought we'd try this although it is a large chain. Unfortunately, we had a poor first experience. We checked in about 15 mins. early just because we made great time heading out of the park. We were told we could head to the outside bar to get a drink while we waited. Just as we got comfy at an outside tabletop and got our drinks, I heard my name. Went to the hostess and handed her my card. She literally glared at me and said my name had not been called and shoved my card back at me. We had nowhere to sit with our drinks and it was chaos at the front so we had to stand and drink. Waited for 20 mins. and nothing. I finally checked with the host and he said we had missed our call to be seated so they gave our spot away. I asked for a manager and she did NOTHING for us. She just asked us to point out who made the mistake and when I couldn't see her in the front any longer, she acted like I made the whole thing up and said "ah ha, we will seat you in a minute." I was so angry that although we were starved and the food wasn't bad, I didn't enjoy it at all. It also took forever to be served and get the food. It is a neat atmosphere and interesting menu, but they need to work on guest service at a place that is know for this. If you can find somewhere else, I would probably pass next time.

1  Thank TravelFan6774
Write a ReviewReviews (2,971)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I've been to Rainforest cafe a few times in different locations (Disney Springs,
Disneyland paris & London) but last year was the first time I'd visited the one at Animal Kingdom.

Firstly, the food - is pretty much the same at every Rainforest Cafe, it is nice but not the best, but it isn't very expensive so no complaints. The portions are very very large so I do struggle with finishing. I think the service here was a lot better than we experienced at Disney Springs during the same trip.

The atmosphere is very cool and exciting - I'm sure it's much better when dining with children.

My main issue with this restaurant is I didn't feel as safe as I do when dining in most theme parks - as this is before you enter the park & before security. I always feel extra wary when in the states.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

food is good, as is the service depending on how busy they are. cool animals that move, this is a great place for kids, very exciting, and with a good kids menu with lots for them to eat.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This place is awesome!
My kids love it!
Food Portions are huge witch 2 people can eat from one serving.
Menu has many different items to choose from and margaritas are amazing.
This restaurant is same if not more attractive
Than the park itself

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Rainforest Café is a nice restaurant, the atmosphere is the only real reason to eat here. The food is okay but the service is always great. This place is always packed, and you're seated so close to the people next to you, you feel like sardines. And I get it, it's the magic of Disney...they want to make money and serve as many people as possible as quick as they can. I go to the theme parks all the time to know how it works. If you have kids, this is a must do! They have a cute gift shop attached to the restaurant and you can also go straight into Animal Kingdom from the restaurant. I think the next time I go, might just sit at the bar...the drinks were great!