2 people have started booking this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
FindHotel
TravelocityUS$139
getaroom.comUS$139
HurbUS$139
6,768 results
All reviews paddle boats mini golf full kitchen lake view bedroom villa washer and dryer nice resort recommend this resort sea world universal studios international drive family vacation orlando area disney world pools walmart parks
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Pretty ok place, but lots of loud loud families. Very thin windows don’t keep out the noise. Pool is open until 10 pm with packed kids and loud adults. Kind of a sketchy crowd. We didn’t enjoy the surroundings, and left early for another resort.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank broot99
Westgate Resorts, Owner at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

We appreciate you staying with us and taking the time to share your thoughts. It is disappointing to see that this visit did not meet your expectations and we do sincerely apologize. Our staff is always happy to speak up on your behalf. We hope you'll consider giving us another chance to do better in the near future.

Kind regards,
Laura

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed from March 20th to March 27th 2021 with my family. We wanted to rest and celebrate my birthday. First thing I notice is that the building and elevator looked really run down and dirty (dirty is specially bad in COVID-19 times). We stayed in room 1242. The room was big, the space was perfect for us. Bathroom seemed recently remodeled and it was nice. The blender was really dirty, looked like someone made berry juice and didn’t clean up well, the toaster was old and dirty, one of the chairs had a big black stain(I regret not taking any pics!!). I have to give it points for the people in guest services and maintainance. We were quickly hooked up with a new blender and toaster. The dryer was really old and loud plus it was not working well but they fix it really quick too. Pillows were horrible. We went out everyday because we didn’t want to use any of the facilities after we saw how dirty everything was. F the price and the pandemic situation I wished they were more clean and careful. Finally, when I came home I realized I left some cash and EarPods that I hid on the safe of the room. Apparently someone STOLE them because they were “nowhere to be found”. I have left things at hotels before and this is the first time that I call right after I leave and realize what I have done and they tell me “oops sorry it’s NOT THERE???” Disappointed. Stay away.

Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank mariapaulagr21
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

First the strong weed smell from the next room, and I thought well, bad luck.
Next, my wife is going for a shower and finds her cleaning the shower, removing hairs on the floor with a towel, we didn't speak about it until later.
Kid (10) wanted to fill the jacuzzi and was staring at it and said "It looks dirty", it turns out it was dented and scratches on the surface, still filled it and got in.
Then came bedtime...that was the deal-breaker when I pulled the blankets; the bedsheets had hairs all over the place, what looked like body fluids, and dirty spots like if somebody cleaned its shoes on the bed, literally.
Called the front desk around 11 PM asked for new linen, 1:30 AM and still waiting, had to go down myself. A very busy manager told me he will deliver immediately, he did show up very quickly but with a queen sheet for a king bed, no pillow covers or blankets.

Way to go for extra precautions in the pandemic, not even changing the bedsheets, this merit more than a bad review, it should be reported to the health department if such a thing could be done.
BTW, we are timeshare owners in a different Westgate resort in Orlando.

Date of stay: April 2021
2  Thank GrandTour782167

Thank you for your feedback. Allow us to apologize if your stay was not enjoyable. Our goal is to ensure that our guests have a great stay at our resorts and the issues you may have experienced do not reflect that. Please know that we take all feedback seriously as it helps us identify areas that may be in need of improvement. We hope you will allow us another opportunity to meet your expectations.

Best regards,
Jessy

Reviewed 1 April 2021

I checked in Westgate on March 27th. Every night and now during the day on April 1st the music is so loud and ghetto from a guest and their family it is ridiculous. No one wants to hear this bull crap. I called three times and no one has come to ask them to stop. Never in all the vacations that I have taken have I heard such loud, crazy music with people smoking marijuana and no one at Westgate knows about it. I call and nothing happens. I am going to speak with my family about selling this crap and finding a resort that caters to people who want peace and tranquility for the money they spend. Who allows this on their property?

Room tip: Do not stay here. I have no idea where the resort rooms are quieter.
4  Thank marymN9619CM
Reviewed 24 March 2021

My family and I bought and have paid-in-full a Timeshare from Westgate Resorts in Kissimmee, FL (Orlando) in 2013. We have also paid our just over $1,000 annual HOA fees every year as well, with the exception of 2020/2021. We have been hit extremely hard by the current Pandemic and have experienced job loss. On the current $2,400 balance due (including interest), we were offered a $50 discount. Then we were offered a 6 month payment plan that was almost $500/month where interest would continue to accrue. This is the ONLY company we have dealt with that has not been more accommodating with a reasonable opportunity to get back on track.

This is not the first issue we have encountered with Westgate Resorts. What we purchased was based on an updated unit, but when we went back the following year, we were placed in an older, dated unit. Again, unacceptable. I'll admit I am a bit of a "hotel snob", which is why I would not have agreed to purchase the "week" in an outdated building/unit.

When visiting resorts that sell/push timeshares and/or vacation clubs, tread lightly. While it sounds like a GREAT plan initially, as it unfolds, it rarely stands the test of time (even within the next scheduled vacation). I had always heard about these types of issues, but I was caught up in the moment with immense pressure in order to get on with our vacation with our children. With Air B&Bs today, you can get a week-long vacation in most vacation spots around the states for less than $1,000, which is the minimum annual HOA fees you will be expected to pay for life.

Room tip: Make Sure to Ask for Updated Room, IF you even visit this establishment.
1  Thank M6697KDheidip