“Great local restaurant”

El Potro Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #478 of 4,083 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

Located at the busy end of a small strip plaza, this restaurant is truly a gem. Have tried it twice and each time it is wonderful. Party of 3, seated immediately. There is a buffet but we decided to order off the menu. Started with sangria and complimentary chips and salsa. Chips were warm and crisp. Salsa was excellent. Great body and flavor with a little heat. Very fresh. Had sangria, which was great — fruity and mellow. We ordered nachos, a bowl and shrimp fajitas. Nachos were a large serving with beef cheese and veggies. Very good. The rice bowl was a combination of rice, grilled veggies, chicken and shrimp. Seasoned well, served hot. Great flavor. But the fajitas were the best. Sizzling platter accompanied by salad, guacamole beans and rice. Shrimp were grilled to perfection and plentiful. The veggies were charred and so good. It was just an excellent entree. I wanted flan but I was too full. This restaurant is the real deal. Food was good and very reasonably priced. Service was great throughout our meal. This is one of my go to spots in Orlando in the Universal vicinity. Try it. You’ll be glad you did ‘

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

I love this place!!! Not only the food is amazing but the service is outstanding. I love Luis and Zuly. They are always so nice and courteous and they always remember-everything we like! We visit this place at least once every two weeks. They have specials everyday 2 x 1 my favorite are the margaritas! They are so good and on point! They offer lunch and dinner buffet as well. Definitely recommend if you love mexican food this is the place to go!

Reviewed 8 February 2018

I have the same item most every time, and they bring it to me very quickly , they recognize us as we are there every week..

Reviewed 6 February 2018

This is a nice Mexican restaurant, the buffet has a nice variety of plates, the best where the enchiladas and the tacos. Don not miss the Margaritas, they are excellent. The prices are very reasonable.
The best that this restaurant was to offer is its service, the waiters are very friendly and will give you a great advise regarding the available dishes.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

We enjoyed the buffet and it was very reasonable but overall it was buffet food. I would probably go back but it isn't the best you'll ever have.