“Disappointing food for a deluxe resort”
Review of Captain Cook's

Captain Cook's
Ranked #502 of 4,123 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We walked over to the Polynesian for dinner one night to give this place a shot. What it’s got going for it is a spacious eating area, with inside and outside seating, good staff, and it’s well kept. Outside of that, in a rare coincidence, no one (including myself which is super rare) finished their meal. My wife was so disappointed in hers she went and got something else (out of our pocket) and still didn’t like that either. My son got a pizza flat bread that wasn’t cut properly, but he said tasted decent. My daughter got chicken nuggets and fries but they must cook everything in the same oil as it had a very fishy smell to it and she doesn’t like fish so that was a no go for her. I had the big kahuna sandwich that by description sounds amazing. Execution was terrible though. The bread to filling ratio was way off so I had to disassemble everything and cut out no less than two inches of pure bread. The filling was decent (meats/cheese/veg/sauce), but with all that bread, the roasted pepper spread disappeared. My wife was the most unfortunate. She got their pulled pork nachos which were a conglomeration of house chips and tortilla chips. The pork was decent but the cheese was a little off and the rest of the toppings just left me wondering who came up with these. She felt bad for not liking them but got a different dish. I think it was the pan Asian noodle bowl. She liked it better for sure, but they were more spicy than they were tasty. Maybe it was a bad night, but it’s rare for us all to have a bad experience.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

The Tonga toast stole the show homes the hardshell outside, soft moist bread with banana concoction in the middle. Definitely shareable. The big breakfast was good with the potatoes being the best, the meat was good and the eggs were average. It is a little loud since it’s right next to the pool but it seems like it would be very convenient if you were staying at the resort. We took the monorail from the contemporary where we were staying in this breakfast was definitely much better than what’s available at the contemporary quick serve. Sidenote after we shopped we also got the Dole Whip which is right next to Captain Cooks. It is great (and the rum over the top was also a nice add on).

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Usual quick service location and food choices - can get your refillable mug here as well. When you order food, you get a pager and they bring it out to you.

For the love of god, please re-do the checkout location. People stand in line to order and pay when they haven't even picked out there food from the self-service area. I cannot tell you how many times I saw someone get out of line and go grab items b/c they didn't know they needed to pay 1st. Have people order their food and pick out the self-serve items, THEN pay for everything. Very confusing and inefficient.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I enjoyed the curried seafood stew. I ordered it without rice with extra fresh sautéed veggies to save on carbs. It was so tasty and filling. I took it to go and walked back to the Armed Forces Resort.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

this was easy and open all the time and at our hotel. when the VIP lounge wasn't serving this was always open . friendly and convenient